Decent cam that fits roughly behind review mirror

Well, that's that, ordered. Thanks for all the advice :) you guys were fast and helpful.
That's what my mrs always tells me too :/

That's a good choice - you'll love the camera and you'd never know it was there, even from the side :)

Well, that's that, ordered. Thanks for all the advice :) you guys were fast and helpful.

Thanks for your business, happy to help, your order is shipped and I'm bringing it to the post office now to speed it along before the 1PM PST pickup. :)
Please Check your email for the tracking information, and other helpful advice.

...I didn't notice its operating temperature ranges...

Since this issue has been brought up what are the temperature ranges for both the SG7LA50G and SG9665 series?

I'm interested as one or the other will be the replacement for my current G1W-H camera(s) when they go the the great camera graveyard in the sky.

Also, is there any issue with them sitting in direct sunlight for 8 to 10 hours?... like when parked at work, beach, golf course, etc. all day.

Parked in the sun will be fine, if the temps have been fine for your G1W-H then you won't have problems with any others either

Parked in the sun will be fine, if the temps have been fine for your G1W-H then you won't have problems with any others either

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to hear about being in the sun as all our vehicles spend a considerable time there throughout the year.

I only got the G1W-H cameras this past October so they haven't been subjected to high temperatures. During the summer we regularly get above 90F and occasionally may get over 100F. Will the 2 SG cameras be OK with that?

100f will be fine, we get way above those temps here

the SG9665GC will have a higher temp handling than the current models, capacitors and new lens and CMOS sensor that are high heat capable

100f will be fine, we get way above those temps here

the SG9665GC will have a higher temp handling than the current models, capacitors and new lens and CMOS sensor that are high heat capable

Thanks again - I'm feeling good about where I'll go in the future. Does the SG9665GC have a RTC battery?

I got one of these in the father-in-law to be's car for Christmas, he didn't have the black dots at the top of the screen but it wasn't an issue - his jaw hit the floor when he saw the performance of it too.

View attachment 10736

Your father-in-law must love you even more after such Christmas gift ? ;)
Hope his jaws are fine and floor is not damaged ? :) @ " - his jaw hit the floor when he saw the performance of it too. "

Last edited:
The Lukas looks interesting, but pricey. Entry level, no frills, $169. Latest and greatest, with GPS, $260. Still, the temperature range, if true. Us Southerners NEED something like this.

Well, been using the SG9665GC for about 5 days, its a sweet, ridiculously tiny (you don't realize how freakishly small this is until its in your hand) gives great daytime footage on the playback, night, well is night, still serves its purpose for evidence if anything happens. Havn't installed it yet, been taping it to my dash with electrical tape as I have been using it in my car and the multiple work trucks that I drive. I'm hooked, dont want to drive without one. So far on a rural road I videoed a sanding truck with a 8 foot plow on the front stop at an intersection at a stop sign, must of forgot about the 8 foot freaking plow, because his plow blocked my lane, his cab stopped at the sign. If I was 6 seconds sooner it could of been ugly although I was only doing 65km at the time, would have messed up the truck nasty tho.

SG9665GC Big thumbs up.

I see the SG9665GM and SG9665GPS listed for sale but not the SG9665GC. The GC is the capacitor version that we are waiting on. Are you saying you purchased the capacitor version?

I see the SG9665GM and SG9665GPS listed for sale but not the SG9665GC. The GC is the capacitor version that we are waiting on. Are you saying you purchased the capacitor version?

Yup, my bad it was the SG9665GM, sorry for the confusions knew there was a GPS version, didn't realize there was a third.

Thumbs up on the SG9665GM

No problem. I'm waiting to see the price point of the GC and thought maybe you were seeing something I was missing. I will continue to wait.

Probably worth adding the Transcend DrivePro 200 to the list of cameras with capacitors - I didn't get on well with the standard mount but that's resolvable these days.

Nothing above matches the parking mode of the Panorama though which is where the extra cost starts to show it's worth from that point of view. Likewise dusk or dawn the Panorama will give a superior picture as they are tricky times of day for dashcams and a lot of that is down to the Sony sensor they use.

Look around the forum and you'll see that no camera available today is perfect - the latest Mobius cameras have issues starting from freezing temps, the Mini cameras have problems with sitting in the car on hot days due to the battery and they're producing a parking mode kit for the 0806 but how it handles sitting in a hot car on hot days is anyones guess right now. In previous models the battery has just burst and the new one uses the same type of battery. Buying a G1W is a lottery - you could get some that would last nicely like @petepete or you could get one that will last a few months and will lose focus every time the sun comes out.

I have had an A118 here and the daytime video is fantastic and up there with the best cameras I've had - the night video though was very dark but on the newer firmwares that is supposed to be improved. It's in the father-in-law's car now so I'll have to upgrade it and see how it performs. If you've got the dark strip along the top of the window the A118 and SG7LA60 type cameras definitely hide up there very well.

To get one of the best night performers you would currently want the older style Panorama 2S with an old firmware which has the purple tinge - nothing else out there currently matches that - the newer versions have gone for darker albeit cleaner video.

You'd probably be happy with any of the above but before you purchase anything make sure to check the raw footage from each of the cameras you're interested in - they may look very similar in Youtube comparisons but it's a very different story when you're watching the raw 1080p streams.

The Panorama G just sits there and works every time without fail. The 0806 isn't far off but it's the battery that's going to upset the apple cart in the constant extreme cold over there.

I've got to admit I've already recommended both of the above to lots of people and I love the Mobius cameras and I definitely wouldn't have put the A118 in the father in law's car if I didn't think he'd love it - he only drives in the day which helps though :D

REVEREND: you think to think that the transcend can be mounted directly to the back of the rear view mirror? Can you confirm if that true? I'd be really interested in it if it could be, but the official photos of it show it mounted to the windshield. The panorama G is looking like a front contentender now but I like that transcend does not record GPS/speed info and has wifi. Thanks

Back