Decision Help Needed

To me bluetooth and wifi in general would be most appropriate to those who want the dash cam to record while they have a laptop or tablet nearby capturing the video. That way no one can steal your sd card and delete your evidence. Yes, I am thinking mostly of a traffic stop here.

Innovv seems cool, but there seem to be bizarro issues. My laptop HAS an HDMI port. The C2 seems better thought of than the C3.

The attractive thing about the Innovv is the camera on a string. The unattractive thing is the way they want you to transfer files. SD card to PC would be SO much easier than using an HDMI cable, and having to take your laptop to the car, or uninstall the body and take to the laptop.

The standard everyone seems to compare against is the Mobius. Hmmm. I'm gonna check out the Mobius.

Last edited:
You really need something with a capacitor in your weather - the Mobius with the capacitor option is your cheapest option and would perform well - the latest batch / firmwares appear to have a random starting glitch though so bear that in mind as quite a few on here have been affected recently as the cold weather kicked in.

Otherwise for all your other points they're all saying to me that you want a Panorama with a battery discharge prevention device - reliable, proven, easy to use and it will happily sit in the heat all day long while recording anything that may happen.

Ah, it would be so nice to have a quirk free dashcam, well built and designed, easy to use, lasting awhile, for, say, $125.

But then, I remember the early days of personal computers. The Timex-Sinclair Z-80, the Coleco Adam, the Nintendo computers, the early Apples, the Radio Shack TRS-80, and I owned a Commodore 64. Each had its quirks, and you worked through them. Even the Commodore 64, after awhile, started having electrical connection problems. If you got a year, you were doin' good.

Yeah. Mobius, KDLinks, and Panorama G. Tho, Panorama G is a bit pricey. Throwing two C notes in the trash after a short while would sting.

Went on Amazon, and checked out Mobius feedback. Mostly good. Some DOA's. ALL these dashcams seem to have DOA's. Just part of the biz. (grin) Typical Chinese quality control. The difficulties people seem to be having, outside of defective units, is lack of computer savvy. The support is there. It even answers Amazon postings, as KDLinks does. I'm impressed. Mobius gets more attention from me.

Last edited:
To be honest I'd forget about the KDLinks - that battery is only going to cause you problems down the road. The marketing is just spin to divert away from a flaw in the design.

The only problem the G has had recently was with exFAT cards and is now fixed, likewise the Mobius problems I expect will be fixed in the next firmware.

Maybe start with the Mobius and the capacitor option and then when you outgrow that you can use it as a rear camera and you've saved a good 70 bucks over the KDLinks and it will be just as good, if not even better.

If you want to buy it from Amazon get it from NovoTM which is Tom Frank who is heavily involved with the Mobius stuff. The nice option about the Mobius is that you can easily and cheaply change the lens if you want to try something different. I even used my Mobius in the pool and sea on holiday, they're great ;)

To be honest I'd forget about the KDLinks - that battery is only going to cause you problems down the road.

The only problem the G has had recently was with exFAT cards and is now fixed, likewise the Mobius problems I expect will be fixed in the next firmware.

Maybe start with the Mobius and the capacitor option and then when you outgrow that you can use it as a rear camera and you've saved a good 70 bucks over the KDLinks and it will be just as good, if not even better.

If you want to buy it from Amazon get it from NovoTM which is Tom Frank who is heavily involved with the Mobius stuff. The nice option about the Mobius is that you can easily and cheaply change the lens if you want to try something different. I even used my Mobius in the pool and sea on holiday, they're great ;)

Thanks. Will check it out.

@reverend, I am going through the thread again and really impressed your support on people. :)

I've just thought mate you have the capacitor version of the C3 now right and that would be a good one here too?

I've just thought mate you have the capacitor version of the C3 now right and that would be a good one here too?

We do have capacitor version :)

Thank you for supporting on the forum to people.

The attractive thing about the Innovv is the camera on a string. The unattractive thing is the way they want you to transfer files. SD card to PC would be SO much easier than using an HDMI cable, and having to take your laptop to the car, or uninstall the body and take to the laptop.

Pop the card out and put it in a card reader, just like any other camera

Pop the card out and put it in a card reader, just like any other camera

Many of the posts I have read assert the SD card, once formatted in camera, is not readable in a PC. Or is it they're either lying, or have no computer smarts? Both are possible. Or maybe their copy had a quality control failure glitch. Who knows?

I'm going with the Mobius Wide Angle, and will install the capacitor in place of the battery. If it lasts more than two months, I'll buy a second for my wife's car. I'll pay my money, and take my chance. I know I'll have to learn workarounds, hacks, and substitutions, but such is life with electronic devices. Nothing really works as advertised. The two selling points for me were the capacitor, and (I think) SOME access to technical help. After all, Mobius is the one everyone compares to.

No hacks needed, möbius will work fine, as would the Innovv, whoever suggested you can't read the card in a computer doesn't seem to know what they're talking about, when accessed via camera to pc it's only acting as a glorified card reader anyway

I allways take cards out and put them in my card reader, all cameras i connect to computer seem to transfer the files damm slow, this both action cameras and the fjew dashcams i have tried to connect to the computer.

Only 1 problem, the small SD cards are a little problematic to handle, i wish cam makers would make the cards protrude on the camera, so it dont have to be inserted using the nail on your finger.

The small sd cards protrude 1 - 1.5 mm from my card reader when inserted, making it a pleasure to insert and get the card out of the reader again.

I'm going with the Mobius Wide Angle, and will install the capacitor in place of the battery. If it lasts more than two months, I'll buy a second for my wife's car. I'll pay my money, and take my chance. I know I'll have to learn workarounds, hacks, and substitutions, but such is life with electronic devices. Nothing really works as advertised. The two selling points for me were the capacitor, and (I think) SOME access to technical help. After all, Mobius is the one everyone compares to.

I bought my first Mobius B in September 2013. The second, for rear window use, in May 2014. Both are in daily use, & neither have given me a single problem.

They have proven to be a fit & forget solution, aside from a weekly check that the video is recording as indicated by the winking red LED ... a safety check just as you would check tyre pressures once a week.

A few hints & tips...

1. Mobius is supplied in just sufficient packaging to protect it in transit. No fancy box, no manual, not even a 1 page quick start guide. The cash has been spent on a good quality Japanese lens, etc, not on fancy packaging.

2. Before it arrives I suggest you download the Windows GUI & Owners Manual from...

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

They're both the work of @Isoprop who contributes at this site, for which we are fortunate.

3. Insert the memory card contact side up ... same side up as the camera heat sink. Use your finger nail to insert it beyond flush with the slot ... until it clicks home.

4. Use the GUI to set the cameras parameters to your preference. Don't click on 'Set Parameters' until you've visited all 4 setting pages.

5. Don't install the capacitor until you've used Mobius with the battery for a few days, & are satisfied that everything's working well.

6. Try not to attach Mobius to the windscreen with a suction or adhesive mount. The mount alerts thieves to the presence of something worth stealing, & negates the otherwise discreet / stealthy nature of this tiny camera. For mounting solutions see...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/

7. If a fault arises after the Warranty expires, you don't have to throw it away. Unlike the typical DashCam, Mobius is purpose designed to be easily dismantled, & all parts are readily available. It's repairable not disposable.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Mobius is supplied in just sufficient packaging to protect it in transit. No fancy box, no manual, not even a 1 page quick start guide. The cash has been spent on a good quality Japanese lens, etc, not on fancy packaging.

Well, actually I did write a 2-page Quick Start Guide for the Mobius team. I don't know if they ever included it in their package or decided a download link to the full manual was more useful. Maybe a few customers were lucky.
I'm putting a link for reference/interest only. It's no use to people who already own the camera: http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusQuickStart.pdf

Would I be able to to use the info in this guide on my Mac? Thanks
If you are referring to the Quick Start Guide I posted, then yes, it is not computer dependent.
The Mobius manual is also not computer dependent even though there are references to the Windows GUI (program).
You can set the Mobius parameters with any device (computer, handheld, etc.) that can read and write (micro) SD cards. It's just much more convenient (and safer) to use a PC and/or supported Smartphone if you have one.
Firmware can only be automatically updated with mSetup, but manually updating the firmware is also very easy.

If you are referring to the Quick Start Guide I posted, then yes, it is not computer dependent.
The Mobius manual is also not computer dependent even though there are references to the Windows GUI (program).
You can set the Mobius parameters with any device (computer, handheld, etc.) that can read and write (micro) SD cards. It's just much more convenient (and safer) to use a PC and/or supported Smartphone if you have one.
Firmware can only be automatically updated with mSetup, but manually updating the firmware is also very easy.

Thanks, I do not have any PC's or Windows based devices anymore, just Mac, iPhone etc.

I've seen some raw files from the KDLinks X1 - it records at 12Mbps day and night. To be honest I'd say performance is probably the same as a G1W.

Daytime seemed similar to the GT680W, Mobius, DOD LS430W, A118 (all Novatek and AR0330) type cameras, and night performance wasn't as good as any.

The guy at their support was definitely responsive and quick to answer questions so full marks there so presales they're definitely good at and I'm thinking about maybe picking up a media player from them :)

Last edited:
You seem to know a lot about the G1W. What's the heat endurance of the G1W?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C kdLinks 2
Back