Delayed change over parking mode to continuous mode for driving

Jack Daniel

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, I haven't posted in a long time . The past week I noticed when I start the truck and drive, it can take 10 minutes before the unit announces the parking results and then announces changing to continuous mode . This can happen as late as reaching my next destination and parking again .

I have not done any updates since the install . Any suggestions ?

thanks, Jack

This is something i have come across quite a bit however it hasn't been a Camera fault once yet. It's always been a power issue to the camera whether it be the Permanent power has been lost or the ignition power lost.

Has it been fitted in that actual vehicle for some time and worked OK or has it recently been fitted into that vehicle?

This is something i have come across quite a bit however it hasn't been a Camera fault once yet. It's always been a power issue to the camera whether it be the Permanent power has been lost or the ignition power lost.

Has it been fitted in that actual vehicle for some time and worked OK or has it recently been fitted into that vehicle?
Hey , thanks for the reply Maddog ! It was installed by a shop more than a year ago . Do you think it's a faulty connection or plug ?

All i can really say is ive never come across a camera issue (so far!) I would be checking any fuse taps / connections for sure. Has the vehicle been in to a garage for any work to be done? In the UK garages often disconnect cameras for Privacy reasons and they have been known to re-connect them wrong. Attached is an image of the camera connector, ideally the next time it doesn't power up a voltmeter would be useful to see if the supplies are there.Thinkware Power.JPG

All i can really say is ive never come across a camera issue (so far!) I would be checking any fuse taps / connections for sure. Has the vehicle been in to a garage for any work to be done? In the UK garages often disconnect cameras for Privacy reasons and they have been known to re-connect them wrong. Attached is an image of the camera connector, ideally the next time it doesn't power up a voltmeter would be useful to see if the supplies are there.View attachment 46889
Very helpful thanks again . I'll do a little trouble shooting with a dmm .

So , I know we don't like threads with no closing ! So what I found was a cold solder joint where the installing shop had connected to my trucks electrical system ....problem gone . Thanks Moddog1974 for steering me in the right direction .

Jack

That's brilliant news Jack. I'm glad you're sorted now (y)

Well, sad to say I've been tricked by a seemingly intermittent problem . It started again with delayed changeover to continuous and back to parking . Since the installing company has done remote start on 2 other family vehicles , they have offered to replace my F770 with the new QA 100 elite in a couple of days . :)

Well, sad to say I've been tricked by a seemingly intermittent problem . It started again with delayed changeover to continuous and back to parking . Since the installing company has done remote start on 2 other family vehicles , they have offered to replace my F770 with the new QA 100 elite in a couple of days . :)
I will have money it's not the camera at fault! I would guess there is still a small amount (perhaps 2 or 3v) of voltage left on the ACC wire so the camera thinks the Ignition is still switched on. Let us know how you get on though (y)

They are offering to upgrade at no cost to me , perhaps I will test the jack with a multi meter before next Thursday . I wonder of it's vehicle specific ? I would think in that case of current draw the vehicle battery would go low, I have had no starting issues , even in the nasty winter we just had .IMG_0454.JPGDSC_0001.JPG

Last edited:
Well , the QA-100 is installed and I'm getting the parking image announcement and change to continuous within 3 seconds of start up . As for the unit it required replacement of the rear camera as well . The main unit install is not as clean looking because there is no cover over the jacks as with the F-770 , a definite lapse in design . I'll get a picture later today .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T F770 1
Back