Determining and measuring failure rates

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
So every piece of tech whether it’s a dashcam, a radar detector, phone, computer, car, etc. is going to have a certain failure rate and inevitably some people are going to have some issues. Dashcams really need to be reliable. Who cares about the resolution, bitrate, cloud features, or how many cameras it has if it doesn’t record anything?

So I’m curious about the best ways to measure failure rates, as well as determining what a reasonable threshold should be before a model or brand is considered too problematic. What do you all think?

Forums are great for discussing stuff, but since these are places people go when they have issues and need help troubleshooting, problems seem to get magnified here. Most people who are out driving with no issues won’t come to a forum and so there’s a lot of people having a great experience who wouldn’t participate in a poll if we tried to gauge it that way.

I want a good way to consider reliability in reviews and recommendations and I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the best ways to gauge this.

Edit: I've created a survey here to help us get all the data together.

Last edited:
Wow, this is a tough one.
I started with dash cams in 2020, and for the first year I bought the absolute cheapest ones I could find at my local Walmart to learn how to use the things, and get in the habit of downloading footage. I found on clearance a 1080P Pilot Brand dash cams for $5.

Pilot 1080 .png

I was blown away how well it worked, and functioned. I never had a single malfunction. The image quality was terrible, and the suction cup mount made the footage vibrate before it fell off the window. But for $5 I was a happy camper. Here’s a clip;

The next dash cam I bought was whopping $33 on clearance. It had 2K30fps, and Wi-Fi. It was called the AutoDrive AD520.

AD-520 .png

I loved this little guy too, but after 6 months of use the manufacturer removed their App from the Apple Store, (total bummer). But again, it was 100% reliable with zero malfunctions. Here’s a clip;

After cutting my teeth in the minor leagues I decided it was time to graduate, and buy my first “brand name” dash cam. I spent an astronomical $250 on the Viofo A129 Pro Duo. On the 21st day of use the GPS module fried, it smelled like burnt electrical components. Luckily I ordered a spare GPS mount to use the camera in my second car, and I was back in business. After a few minutes of operation I heard a loud POP! Like a cap gun I used to play with as a kid. I actually saw the magic genie smoke come out of the camera. The speaker blew up, and there was no more beeps upon button presses. The camera still recorded footage, but since I was in the 30-day Amazon return policy I retuned it. I went without a dash cam for 6 months until an angel from BBMC named Joseph sent me the A129 Plus Duo for test & review. Lol

Two years ago I made several Community Polls on my YouTube channel asking people how much they are willing to spend on a single channel dash cam, and brand preference. The overwhelming response was cheap $20 eBay dash cams. One person said they only last six months to a year before they die, and he happily buys another one for $20.
I’m sorry. I got carried away. What was your question? lol
-Chuck

These days, i find testing dashcams are pretty easy, at large they just work and work well.
But yeah sure something ugle can stick its head out now and then, but cameras dying on me have been fairly rare, off the top of my need a haircut head all i can think off are the mini 0906 where i managed to fairly quickly kill my test sample.
Also had to do something about focus a few times.
Most problematic camera i gotten was probably the Zenfox T3, it was not happy with much of my memory card collection, and i think most of us that got one to beat on also had it taken apart to look closer at the cooling solution, which was tofu dreg in that regard.

Pretty much any camera i have tested, well i did not have to look long or far before someone had nothing but problems with a camera i had no issues with.
I must admit i also tend to not write much when a camera just work.

Thats one reason i do not like reviews, CUZ at least on reliability the reviewer are most often just guessing having run the camera some times just for a few hours / days.
Hell i have seen people review dashcams, and they haven't even bothered installing it, just drive around the block holding it in the hand.

And something as important as reliabillity are to me, well i would feel bad saying if it was good if i had not used it for at least 6 months,,,,, thish are some times half the lifetime of a given system at least on the shelves in the stores.

So I’m curious about the best ways to measure failure rates, as well as determining what a reasonable threshold should be before a model or brand is considered too problematic. What do you all think?
If I had your “pull” I would contact Broseph at BBMC, and other retailers and ask;
What is the most returned dash cam from your customers?
What is the reason for the return?
Defective
Too difficult to use
Did not live up to expectations
Etc.

I’ve been visiting the BBMC website almost weekly for the past three years, and have seen the brands they carry come, and go. Currently they have it whittled down to five.

Screenshot 2023-05-14 11.00.10 AM.png

A few months ago I remember seeing almost double the amount brands. And I wish they would carry Garmin so I could finagle a Garmin Mini 2 from Broseph to compare with the A119 Mini & WM1.

Thats one reason i do not like reviews, CUZ at least on reliability the reviewer are most often just guessing having run the camera some times just for a few hours / days.
I try to take this into account in my reviews.
I run the camera for 16 hours plugged into a power supply, and then rest for 8 hours on my window sill at night to get it cold / cool as possible.
This is my attempt to heat / cold cycle the camera.
I do this for 30 days.
If the camera can survive the first 30 days of its life in these conditions it will most likely make it through the 1 year warranty period.

Hell i have seen people review dashcams, and they haven't even bothered installing it, just drive around the block holding it in the hand.
Hey, what are you trying to say?!? lol
This is almost what I did with the camera I’m currently testing.
I wanted to get test footage to check readability of illuminated signs at night.
So I strapped them into my test rig, and went for a walk.

Chevron Sign 3 .png

Reliability. If it ever stops recording when it shouldn't that is a total failure. (Providing manufacturers supplied items and installation has been followed)
If it is a pre release then this wouldn't apply.
Once it's on sale to the public then that's when it would apply.

Problematic micro sd card problems seem to be the number one excuse for Dashcam failure but I'm skeptical as it is an easy out for manufacturers, so I would consider this as a measure. Good design should remove this as a problem. Excluding fake memory of course.

While driving the car it might seem pointless to have a mechanical retainer on the micro sd card but when you're in an accident that involves high forces in any possible direction it is reasonable to consider the card may move or even eject with missing corrupting the last file/s and in the latter case no recordings and possibly lost.

Heat tolerance before it shuts down.
A -1 if it does shutdown without a warning sound
Material used to house the Dashcam. Material able to withstand very high temperature and cold.
Further, ventilation and the location / method used like vents and placement or a fan and how loud it gets or other technologies like peltier etc.

Dashcam fitting endurance. What method is used suction/tape/mechanical and quality level like grade of material( 3M for example)

Hope that helps out.
Cheers

Last edited:
If I had your “pull” I would contact Broseph at BBMC, and other retailers and ask;
What is the most returned dash cam from your customers?
What is the reason for the return?
Defective
Too difficult to use
Did not live up to expectations
Etc.

I’ve been visiting the BBMC website almost weekly for the past three years, and have seen the brands they carry come, and go. Currently they have it whittled down to five.

View attachment 65155

A few months ago I remember seeing almost double the amount brands. And I wish they would carry Garmin so I could finagle a Garmin Mini 2 from Broseph to compare with the A119 Mini & WM1.
That's a great idea. Perhaps @BlackboxMyCar could help provide some insight here?

I'd imagine they might want to limit how much of that information they share publicly because they don't want to make any company look bad, but I'm sure we'd all appreciate whatever insight they have to share from their perspective. :)

I've also just created a survey for people to fill out. Hopefully it helps us get some additional data points and helpful info.

Last edited:
Hey Chuck and Vortex! You shouldn't downplay the pull you have here Chuck, Joseph is still giddy over the license plate you got him, and we're working on a comparison between the VIOFO WM1 vs Garmin Mini 2 for ya as well.

You're definitely right that we do want to keep our internal numbers and results behind closed doors in the spirit of professionalism, but I hope I can shed a bit of light on things.

Overall, I'd definitely say that the most returned type of items with us are IR cameras, as plenty of newcomers gloss over the ordering process, and end up with front + interior cameras when they intend to purchase front and rear . We've added some diagrams to the product page, specify the cameras are "cabin-view" in the title, and a few other changes aimed specifically at this.

As for a specific brand that gets returned, I'd probably say the A129 series overall was and is very popular, but sometimes people find the software to be a bit basic, along with the face buttons and incessant beeping a bit daunting. This of course has been improved with recent VIOFO models, with voice prompts and somewhat clearer button functions.

We used to carry Garmin and other brands in the past, but found it wiser to consolidate our focus, and inventory on our tried and true brands.

Last edited:
Overall, I'd definitely say that the most returned type of items with us are IR cameras, as plenty of newcomers gloss over the ordering process, and end up with front + interior cameras when they intend to purchase front and rear .
Yo BBMC,
You just gave me an idea for a BBMC YouTube Video.
The title of the video might be something like; “What To Do When Your Dash Cam Arrives”.
How many times have you seen, or heard a someone have an issue with a dash cam but they’re outside the return policy window because they didn’t bother to unpack it, and test it out before they installed it in their car, in a timely fashion, and now they’re left with a dud?

The video will go over basic things they can do to check to make sure the camera is not defective. Whenever I get a new dash cam for test & evaluation I don’t even think about installing it my car until I have “bench tested” it for at least a week. Just because it’s new, doesn't mean it’s good.

Here’s some things the video could cover;
1.)
Power up the dash cam, record sample footage, then try to download the footage to their phone with App, or remove the SD Card, and view the footage on a computer.
If the camera Codec only records in H.265, and they’re computer is not compatible with H.265 it’s best they discover that out now before they need to provide evidence.
2.)
Check lens focus of each camera by pointing the camera out a window, or taking it outside with a power bank. Record, and view footage to make sure it’s not blurry or out of focus.
3.)
Run the camera for 24 hours continuously with a power brick to see how hot it gets, or if it over heats. Then check the recoded footage on the SD Card to make sure it’s loop recording properly, and there's no missing files.
4.)
Try different SD Cards to see if they cause a malfunction.
5.)
Confirm & verify the Camera’s firmware is up to date.
And also the smartphone App is up to date.
6.)
Check to make sure the camera gets GPS signal connection.
7.)
Check alignment of CPL Filters
8.)
And any others you can think of, I’m sure I’m forgetting a lot.

Basically becoming your own quality assurance inspector. All of these things should have been performed at the factory, but QA ain’t what is used to be.

I have been heavily researching dashcams for my new car and what I have recently discovered is that some dashcams fail to record events during accidents, that makes me believe that supercapacitor or battery failure is a critical issue.
While several a119 owners have raved about great video quality, recent Amazon (multiple) reviews says that the a119v3 have failed to record the accident videos. Some random reddit posts from the past do support this theory as well.

Maybe you could setup a test jig, where you simulate throwing the dashcam around and unplugging the power harness to make sure it records video incase of accidents. I think this issue can you be addressed in a well designed firmware. I don't care about image/video quality, if it fails to record the video during an accident.

Alright, so I've got a bunch of data in now. Let's go ahead and start working through the results. :) 94 people responded and I'm gonna have ChatGPT help me create charts and summarize people's experiences. If anyone wants more detail, here are the raw results from the survey.

First up, here's a look at the different brands of dashcams that people polled own.

Dash Camera Owners from Survey, Pie Chart.png

I tried to have it label each slice by brand instead of by number of people to make it a little more clear, but the daigr.am plugin in ChatGPT wouldn't do it no matter how I asked, lol. Oh well. Viofo (55 ppl, red) had the biggest slice, then Blackvue (22 ppl, green), other (20 ppl, dark purple), Garmin (10 ppl, light purple), Thinkware (8 ppl, darker blue), etc.

As far as issues reported, here's a look at what people shared regarding if they had critical issues, minor issues, or no issues. (People could select multiple options like having both a minor issue and a critical issue so the total number of issues may be larger that the number of dashcams or owners.)

Distribution of Issues of Dash Cam Brands.png

Here you can see the spread of what types of issues (if any) people reported.

For another way of looking at it, here's the same information, but just adjusted by percentage of each type of issue, balancing out for the fact that some brands had more owners respond than others. That said, many of the brands had a really small data set and so there isn't enough information to be statistically significant. Regardless, here's how that looks:

Distribution of Issues of Dash Cam Brands by Percentage.png

The ideal would be something like FineVu where 100% of users report no issues, but that was literally with just 1 person responding so it's very incomplete, lol. Viofo was pretty evenly balanced across different response types. Blackvue had fewer people report having no issues. Thinkware and Garmin had more people report having no issues. Again I don't think there's enough data here to be statistically significant, but I wanted to share the results nonetheless. Feel free to interpret the results however you wish. :)

I'd also like to share some of the additional details regarding the specifics of what people have experienced, if issues have been resolved, etc. This adds a lot of extra helpful context behind the numbers. I fed all the user feedback into ChatGPT and had it help me summarize and organize the feedback.

Viofo:
Here is a summary of the issues reported by Viofo dashcam owners:
  1. Power Issues: Several users reported issues with their dashcams turning on and off by themselves, completely failing to power on, or having touchy power cables that need to be plugged in just right to work.
  2. Settings and Firmware Issues: Users reported issues with settings resetting after a certain period of time, difficulties with updating firmware, and instances where the firmware bricked. Some were able to resolve the issue by reflashing the firmware.
  3. Recording Issues: There were reports of dashcams failing to record properly in parking mode, either not entering parking mode or not waking up from it. Some users also reported that their dashcams were set to record over the oldest files but never did, resulting in a full memory card.
  4. Hardware Issues: Users reported various hardware issues such as GPS mounts not working, power contacts bending on the camera from dismounting to retrieve the SD card, and front cameras becoming out of focus.
  5. Connectivity Issues: Some users reported issues with maintaining a wireless connection with the camera, especially when other features like Bluetooth and CarPlay were in use. Others reported that playback over iPhone was painfully slow.
  6. Other Issues: Other reported issues included power cutting out occasionally, whole units dying randomly after a certain period of time, and dashcams not recording over the oldest files as they were set to do, resulting in full memory cards.
In terms of resolution, some users reported that their issues were resolved, such as firmware issues resolved by reflashing and power issues resolved after receiving a replacement unit. However, some users did not provide information on whether their issues were resolved.

Blackvue:
Here is a summary of the issues reported by Blackvue dashcam owners:
  1. Overheating Issues: Some users reported that their dashcams were overheating, particularly in parking mode. This was especially problematic for users in hotter climates.
  2. Power Issues: Several users reported issues with their dashcams not turning on or intermittently shutting off. Some users had to disconnect and reconnect the power to get their dashcams working again.
  3. Recording Issues: Users reported various recording issues, such as motion detection in parking mode triggering too many false positives, or the dashcam failing to capture footage of incidents in parking lots. Some users also reported that their dashcams only recorded in one-minute blocks.
  4. Connectivity and App Issues: Some users reported issues with Wi-Fi connectivity and compatibility with smartphones. There were also complaints about changes to the Blackvue app, which some users found less user-friendly than previous versions. Some users also reported issues with the cloud service being expensive and having a limit on the number of cameras.
  5. Hardware Failure: Some users reported that their dashcams failed after a certain period of time, with one user mentioning that a capacitor failed due to heat, rendering the dashcam useless.
  6. Software Issues: Users reported various software issues, such as firmware updates being slow and sometimes buggy, leading to spontaneous reboots or disconnects from the cloud. Some users also reported issues with the dashcam's settings being reset.
In terms of resolution, some users were able to resolve their issues, such as by reformatting the SD card or getting their dashcam repaired or replaced under warranty. However, some users did not provide information on whether their issues were resolved.

Thinkware:
Here is a summary of the issues reported by Thinkware dashcam owners:
  1. Limited SD Card Support: One user reported that the F750 model had very small supported SD card capacity, limiting the amount of footage that could be stored.
  2. Image Quality Issues: There were reports of low image quality and camera lenses losing focus over time, particularly with the F800 Pro model.
  3. Connectivity Issues: Some users reported issues with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity, particularly in relation to the Thinkware app. Users sometimes had to force quit the app and reconnect before they could access their dashcam.
  4. Software Limitations: Users reported that the software for Thinkware dashcams was limited. While it was not necessarily buggy, users found it lacking in features. One user expressed a wish for Thinkware to open their camera API to allow software developers to create better iOS apps.
  5. Periodic Shutdown: One user reported that their U1000 model would periodically shut down. The issue was resolved with a replacement.
  6. App Accessibility: A user reported that they couldn't access the camera's settings area on the app, limiting their ability to adjust their dashcam's settings.
In terms of resolution, some users were able to resolve their issues, such as by force quitting and reconnecting the app, or getting their dashcam replaced. However, some users did not provide information on whether their issues were resolved.

Vantrue:
Here is a summary of the issues reported by Vantrue dashcam owners:
  1. Unexpected Shutdowns: One user reported that their N4 dashcam would sometimes turn off for no reason while they were driving.
  2. Recording Issues: Users reported issues with their dashcams not recording when they were supposed to. One user reported that their N4 dashcam had problems saving videos even when there hadn't been a crash. Another user reported that their E2 model would sometimes say it was recording but not actually record anything.
  3. Mounting Issues: Some users reported issues with the suction/adhesive cup coming off, making it difficult to mount their dashcams. One user also mentioned that they couldn't mount their dashcam with mirror mounts because the GPS unit had its own suction cup.
  4. Parking Mode Issues: A user reported that their N1 dashcam's parking mode function would cause the dashcam to turn on for no apparent reason, even when the car was parked in a closed garage. This issue was resolved by wiring the dashcam to start and stop with the ignition.
  5. SD Card Issues: One user reported that their E2 model had issues with SD cards, with the dashcam "cooking" multiple SD cards. The issue was resolved with a new micro SD card.
In terms of resolution, some users were able to resolve their issues, such as by getting a new micro SD card, wiring their dashcam to start and stop with the ignition, or checking for software updates.

Last edited:
continuing on and breaking things up into multiple posts since there's post length caps on DCT. :)

I didn't receive any detail for FineVu.

Nextbase:
Here is a summary of the issues reported by Nextbase dashcam owners:
  1. Freezing and Lockups: Several users reported issues with their dashcams freezing or locking up. One user reported that their 402G model would constantly lock up, and after six months, the camera completely died. Another user reported that their 622GW model would freeze most of the time, and changing the SD card from 256GB to 128GB did not resolve the issue.
  2. Connectivity Issues: Some users reported issues with connectivity. One user reported that their 622GW model had issues with conflicting networks when using Wireless Android Auto, which made it difficult to use the app when the car was on. Another user reported that their 622GW model had issues connecting with the Alexa app, and they had to go through the connection process as if it was the first time every time.
  3. Battery and Power Issues: One user reported that their 522GW model had a dead battery.
  4. Mounting Issues: A user reported that their 522GW model had issues with the suction cup and adhesive failing.
  5. Recording Issues: Users reported issues with their dashcams not recording properly. One user reported that their 522GW model's rear camera was not recording. Another user reported that their 622GW model's interior camera did not perform well during the night, making it unsuitable for use in taxis or Uber vehicles.
In terms of resolution, one user reported that changing their SD card did not resolve their issue with their dashcam freezing. Another user reported that they had to bring their dashcam inside or sit in a hot car to use the app due to connectivity issues.

Garmin:
Here is a summary of the issues reported by Garmin users:
  1. Video Quality Issues: One user reported having no reliability issues but was dissatisfied with the video quality of their Garmin 57, citing very present moiré and artifacts. Another user reported frame cutting in a heated environment.
  2. Buffered Parking Mode: A user tested the Garmin Mini 2 but returned it due to the lack of a buffered parking mode, which was a misunderstanding of the product's specifications when ordered.
  3. App and Connectivity Issues: A few users reported issues with the Garmin app. For the Garmin Mini 2, one user reported occasional false notifications of an impact detected in parking mode when nothing happened. They also had to attempt multiple times to connect to Wi-Fi to review footage, otherwise, it would say "failed to discover camera's Wi-Fi signal". They also experienced consistent failure to update the firmware. However, they noted that the firmware update issue was resolved after Garmin updated their mobile app. Another user with a DashCam 66W reported that the vehicle speed displayed during live viewing through the app was incorrect and would not get above 17 mph, regardless of the actual speed of the vehicle. They reported this issue to Garmin, but there was no known fix.
  4. Camera Lens Failure: A user reported a critical failure of the camera lens on their Garmin 55. They had to overnight a new camera as a result.
  5. Reliability: A user reported that they had an old Garmin model from 10 years ago that was still functioning, although an identical one had died after 5 years. Another user reported no issues with their DashCam 47.

Street Guardian:
Here is a summary of the issues reported by Street Guardian users:
  1. Folder Structure Issue: A user reported that the required folder structure was not created by the dashcam on SD card format. The RO folder, where important files need to be saved, wasn't being created. As a result, pressing the emergency save button would delete the video footage instead of moving it. The user stopped using the emergency save button and instead would park on the side of the road, turn off the dashcam, and switch the SD card for another one they kept in the car.
  2. Power-On Issue: The same user reported issues where the dashcam would try to power on but shut down quickly. In this case, they would need to completely unplug the dashcam from the power source, press the power button to drain out the super capacitor, replug the dashcam to power, and press the power button to start it.
  3. SD Card Slot Issue: The user also had issues where the SD card slot wouldn't eject their card, as if the spring wasn't working. They had to use eyebrow tweezers to get it out.
  4. Rear Dashcam Display Issue: The user had an issue where the rear dashcam would display a pink video signal on the screen. They needed to shut down the dashcam and power it up again to fix this issue.
  5. Parking Mode Limitation: The user reported a design flaw where the maximum recording time in parking mode is 24 hours. After 24 hours, the dashcam turns off. This limitation was problematic for the user who uses a battery pack, as the dashcam would turn off even though the battery pack still had plenty of power. The user had to start their car with a remote starter when they knew the 24-hour timeout was about to happen.
  6. Software Issue: The user reported that the SG Dashcam Viewer software for Windows, which is supposed to show the video footage, the Google Maps, and everything from the recording, has never worked. They've never been able to open a file from it. They use VLC Media Player instead to read the video files, but they lack the extra features from the GPS location and do not see the picture-in-picture with the rear camera.
The user reported that they have been using this dashcam since December 2018. Issue #1 started in 2019, issue #2 started in 2020, issue #3 started in 2022, issue #4 started in 2021, and issues #5 and #6 have been present since day 1. The user mentioned that they were told in 2019 that Street Guardian was looking into adding longer parking record time in the firmware, but this never happened.

On a positive note, another user reported that their SGGCX2Pro had no issues and was the most rock-solid dashcam they've used, although it was behind in cutting-edge features.

To be continued.. I'm almost done with the different brands, but I've used up my 3 hour quota for GPT 4, lol. I'll finish the list later.

and wrapping up, here's Escort. (They make dashcams as an add-on to their radar detectors, as well as an integrated radar detector / dashcam combo.)

Here is a summary of the issues reported by Escort users:
  1. Random Shutdowns and Stop Recording: Several users reported that their dashcams would randomly shut down or stop recording. This issue was reported for both the M2 and an unspecified model.
  2. False Alerts: A user reported that their M2 dashcam would frequently save files due to hitting bumps in the road.
  3. Power Wire Issue: One user reported that the power wire for their dashcam broke.
  4. Multiple Failures: A user reported that they were on their third M1 dashcam in about two years. The first one had a complete failure and would not power on, while the second one would reset and stop recording daily, even with new memory cards. So far, they have not reported any issues with their third dashcam.
On a positive note, a user reported that their Maxcam 360 had no issues and recorded clearly. With a properly sized storage card, it worked great. Another user reported that they had no issues with their M2, which they had purchased about a month ago.

Finally, here's the "other" section.

Here is a summary of the reported issues and resolutions for the "Other" category of dash cams:
  1. Random Shutdowns and Stop Recording: This issue was reported for a variety of models, including the Nexar Beam, Rexing V1K, and the LGD521 from LG/Innotek. For the Nexar Beam, the issue was partially resolved with a replacement unit, but software issues persisted. The issue was unresolved for the Rexing V1K and LGD521.
  2. Memory Card Issues: The Nexar Beam and the Rove R2-4K were reported to have issues with memory cards. The Nexar Beam had issues with the app not consistently saving to the memory card, while one of the Rove R2-4K cams occasionally required a memory card reformat before it would function properly. These issues were not reported as resolved.
  3. App Issues: Several users reported issues with the apps associated with their dash cams. The Nexar Beam app was reported to drain phone battery life and not consistently save footage. The Rove R2-4K app was reported to be slow and glitchy, making data transfer difficult. The LG520 app is no longer maintained, rendering it useless. None of these app issues were reported as resolved.
  4. Hardware Issues: A few users reported hardware issues. The Nexar Beam had random power-offs, the Rexing V1 OG sometimes wouldn't power on without the power source being unplugged and replugged a few times, and the AZDOME model didn't stick to the windshield properly in hot conditions. The Rexing V1 OG issue was resolved by unplugging and replugging the power source, but the other issues were not reported as resolved.
  5. Video Quality: The AZDOME model was reported to have poor video quality. This issue was not reported as resolved.
  6. GPS Failure: The Garmin 45 was reported to have a GPS failure, with no speed or location data being recorded due to an inability to acquire a satellite signal. This issue was not reported as resolved.
  7. Other Issues: The Spy Tec A119 died after 2 years of use and was out of warranty, so the issue was not resolved. The Mobius model with a non-capacitor battery sometimes had an issue with the recording LED light staying on at startup, which was resolved by unplugging and replugging the power source. The B1W Blueskysea model, which had been in use for 4 years, recently started losing time and required weekly time syncing in the app. This issue was not reported as resolved.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Dash Cam Discussion 1
Back