Did I get brake checked by an Audiot?

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S
or was he just a clueless driver?

I left the same gap after the guy signaled as to let him in, he didn't look like he was coming on over after all and I continued forward at the same speed. Then he comes over as I was about to pass and taps on the brakes almost causing me to smash into his rear bumper.

he just wasn't paying attention, you left him more than enough room. Looks like he was trying to maneuver over to the left lane where traffic was moving faster.

Yeah poor execute of lane change, so i cant really fault you.

You might have been able to help him by slowing down a bit when he get stuck half way before he screw up his execute, but thats totally a over the top nice guy move and it is not always you can afford those or catch the right moment to do that.

It is split seconds so you will miss the chance to be a super good driver in the blink of a eye, took way longer for that Audi driver to get himself in trouble.

That being said i myself do hate to move into small gaps like that, even though ( if i have to say so myself ) i am a pretty good judge of speed and distances in traffic.
But in my book a gap that size is a safty zone for you, so if i go there i will be forcing you to let off to reestablish the gap again, and i would like to think i am a nicer guy than that, and with time to spare i might add, im in no hurry.
But most people will jump at a hole like that, and that do piss me off i have to admit.

Maybe not PO me so much when its a guy moving over a lane like that guy try to do, the guys that kill my good mood in is the ones that come up really fast from behind and then throw their car into a small gap in front of me, not least when there is 80 feet of empty lane behind my car.

Last edited:
Back