Direct connection of rear camera to primary one

MaXyM

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
After years of using A119S, I just received A129Pro Dual. Not yet hooked in the car. But one thing I noticed early is, that rear camera is being connected directly to primary cam.
I would expect to connect it through GPS module (which works as holder here). It would make detaching camera more comfortable. Currently, connecting power to GPS part and rear camera to primary one brings no many advantages.
Likely it's not a big deal for users who never or rarely detach those cameras (incl. me)

Not sure if it wasn't mentioned by anyone else. Just wanted to note that before I forget.
with regards

And be prepared to probably also connect the power directly to the camera because there were many cases of "faulty" internal cables (it's probably underrated for the power delivery to the main unit). :p

Yes the connectors between the mounts and the camera itself have been plagued by problems, changes to them have also been made but i am not aware how successful this have been as i am new to viofo products.
But adding 5 or however many more is needed to connect a rear camera, that would just compile the problems.
People that daily remove the camera from the windscreen, should probably avoid multi channel systems, and some are even worse, at least viofo have the GPS in the mount, others have that on a wire plugged into the camera too, so in that case you could have 3 wires to disconnect every time, power - GPS antenna - rear camera

Last edited:
There's only so much power & data you can pass through a few pins between the camera and the mount. I expect 5V power and GPS data is about the limit. Far better to connect the rear camera into the main unit, close to the processor.

Then maybe pass through connector should be replaced by more efficient one. But I'm not here to discuss the connector abilities. Just to say that the comfort-related feature of this camera (quick detach) is somehow compromised.

Last edited:
Back