Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

Probably why Viofo (Bill Zhou) stated it wasn't a priority to fix!

1. A known issue with a duplicate frame every 90 frames

2. One report of a "random" dropped frame.

How random? Every 30 seconds? Every clip? Every hour? Every week?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For everyone worried about the odd dropped or duplicated frame, are you worried because you think this will render the footage useless should you be involved in an incident, or for some other reason? All I want is proof should I be involved in a collision and as inevitably happens the other party starts spinning yarns. Or for parking incidents to be recorded in enough detail to identify what happened and identify the culprit. I've watched a few videos back and think I can see what may be the dropped frame issue (if it is it's very subtle), but despite that the footage seems good enough to do its intended job.

I noticed some posts said this happens in firmware v1.1, but what about v1.9? Mine seems to be working very well so far on v1.9.

I noticed some posts said this happens in firmware v1.1, but what about v1.9? Mine seems to be working very well so far on v1.9.

DOES NOT happen on 1.11... Happens on all firmware thereafter.

For everyone worried about the odd dropped or duplicated frame, are you worried because you think this will render the footage useless should you be involved in an incident, or for some other reason? All I want is proof should I be involved in a collision and as inevitably happens the other party starts spinning yarns. Or for parking incidents to be recorded in enough detail to identify what happened and identify the culprit. I've watched a few videos back and think I can see what may be the dropped frame issue (if it is it's very subtle), but despite that the footage seems good enough to do its intended job.

Dropped frames could mean the loss of a critical moment. Imagine if a driver's license plate was only visible a split second. A dropped frame at an inopportune moment could be the difference between catching an incident and losing critical details. Law of physics, these "glitches" always happen when you can least afford.

So dropped frames would be more problematic than dupes (stutered playback).

Last edited:
Won't a license plate be visible for at least enough of time regardless? I can't imagine a dropped frame would hide that detail in just that one frame. It would be less likely than winning the Euro Millions, the Lottery and getting sex off the wife all in the same 60 seconds!

Last edited:
Won't a license plate be visible for at least enough of time regardless? I can't imagine a dropped frame would hide that detail in just that one frame. It would be less likely than winning the Euro Millions, the Lottery and getting sex off the wife all in the same 60 seconds!

Visibility and readability aren't always the same. Sometimes something is captured and only visible for a brief period. I.E. requiring you pause the frames and move forward in hopes that a single frame captured an event with clarity.

I am member here for 7 years and I saw a lot of dashcam videos. Hundreds! I never saw a video which had one single frame where when license plate is visible!
The complaint about a duplicate frame every 90 frames is dumb. The perfectionist should look a their jobs and at their life to see how perfect are. Just look at your keyboard or mouse and see how perfect clean are.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Just look at your keyboard or mouse and see how perfect clean are.
Too clean, if I couldn't touch type then I wouldn't know which key was which, the important ones are just shiny black plastic, none of that dirty white paint left!

• Haha
Reactions: Mtz
It's very simple... If you are unhappy with Viofo for not fixing the outstanding problems with the A129, then just vote with your feet. Don't buy whatever unfinished product they are pushing next and select a different product from another manufacturer/vendor instead -- because given their track record, that next Viofo product will presumably be left with unresolved issues too. Let Viofo and other potential customers know how their product and service is lacking and eventually Viofo will observe first-hand the relationship between revenue/profit and customer satisfaction -- and make their choice to be better or become irrelevant. And if you sell your A129, then that's one less sale Viofo will ultimately be able to make...

It's very simple... If you are unhappy with Viofo for not fixing the outstanding problems with the A129, then just vote with your feet. Don't buy whatever unfinished product they are pushing next and select a different product from another manufacturer/vendor instead -- because given their track record, that next Viofo product will presumably be left with unresolved issues too. Let Viofo and other potential customers know how their product and service is lacking and eventually Viofo will observe first-hand the relationship between revenue/profit and customer satisfaction -- and make their choice to be better or become irrelevant. And if you sell your A129, then that's one less sale Viofo will ultimately be able to make...

BINGO!!! 1,000 Up-Votes for your post!!!

It is common knowledge that Viofo puts out hardware and firmware before they've been fully tested and the existing problems eliminated. - - That's how Viofo as a company functions. And their "customer service department" is woefully inadequate!!! - - I've learned these lessons through the "school of hard knocks" and will be much smarter on my next dash cam purchase.

In the meantime it is good to share with prospective and existing customers the problems we face with the Viofo products, including of course the A129.

You guys keep harping that VIOFO is such a terrible company that nobody should buy from.

Who do you suggest we buy from that provides THE SAME bang for my buck? No one. There's no one.

You either spend less and get **** all round, or spend 3,4,5x as much and even then those products have issues!

You guys keep harping that VIOFO is such a terrible company that nobody should buy from.

Who do you suggest we buy from that provides THE SAME bang for my buck? No one. There's no one.

You either spend less and get **** all round, or spend 3,4,5x as much and even then those products have issues!

Dual dash cams:

Aukey Dr02d
Mini 0906

I had a pair of mobius in my car for 3 years, always worked, every other dashcam I've had (even the really cheap ones) has worked fine.

I would probably suggest for anyone getting more than one dash cam to just get multiple single ones now. The blueskysea B1W is less than a third of the price of the viofo a129 duo and saves having to deal with thick rear camera cables.

I can't believe how many issues there have been with this camera, I never had any other piece of electronics with this many fundamental flaws!

I'm not usually fussed about these kind of topics - but I reckon Stray needs to speak to Donald Trump and involve him in your assassination attempt on Viofo as a company.

I don't give two hoots about these issues that affect you personally anymore - you're vitriolic and really getting on peoples nerves. You go on about fanboys and to be honest, nobody is a fanboy - it's your interpretation of other people. I think you need to take a deep breath and give the rest of us a break from this constant tirade of bombarding the cam.

Really mate - you are pushing your arguments way to far.

If you REALLY feel so bad about the camera you have, for chrissakes sell it to somebody for a dollar and buy another brand.

Not interested. Just get rid of your Viofo, go buy a BlackVue or something and stop annoying us all.

Reactions: LMN
I'm not usually fussed about these kind of topics - but I reckon Stray needs to speak to Donald Trump and involve him in your assassination attempt on Viofo as a company.

I don't give two hoots about these issues that affect you personally anymore - you're vitriolic and really getting on peoples nerves. You go on about fanboys and to be honest, nobody is a fanboy - it's your interpretation of other people. I think you need to take a deep breath and give the rest of us a break from this constant tirade of bombarding the cam.

Really mate - you are pushing your arguments way to far.

If you REALLY feel so bad about the camera you have, for chrissakes sell it to somebody for a dollar and buy another brand.
I told him a month ago that he needs to sell it or give it away, get something else he'd be happy with, and move on with his life. Everyone will be much happier, including himself, hopefully.

I have him blocked so I don't see his annoying, whining posts anymore

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not interested. Just get rid of your Viofo, go buy a BlackVue or something and stop annoying us all.

Is the guy who's actually bringing up facts (Joe 384) and good info bothering the clown who brings up Trump in a dash cam forum???

I think it's clear who's out in left field!!!. lol

Maybe YOU should just go somewhere else to bring up your politics! That's just a thought mate!

Back