Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

I'm looking to buy an A129 duo. Is the buffered mode really not working properly or is your problem that it causes a low battery signal?
Mine works. It records 45 second clips while parked and it detects motion. The motion usually happens around 10-12 seconds into the clip (buffered).

It's just that the g-sensor in parking mode isn't as sensitive as some users wish it was. They're working on that and just put out a beta firmware to be tested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for info's.. Now to see if there is a Friday deal in uk USA or Europe!

I'm looking to buy an A129 duo. Is the buffered mode really not working properly or is your problem that it causes a low battery signal?
The Bufferd Parking Mode as advertised is not fit for purpose!with motion detection set on it's lowest setting records endless files with the majority have nothing on the files ! Just read the rest of the comments.
It's not the battery issue!

I've stopped using Parking Mode it's not fit for purpose, I just use the cam when the car is running it works fine no issues!
I just wished I hadn't believed what Viofo had promised!

Surprising you'd turn it off completely, unless in protest. Why not leave the camera recording or better yet low-bitrate.

When I purchased my A129 back in May/June, it wasn't advertised with buffered parking mode and didn't have it with the firmware it came with (1.5). Buffered parking mode didn't come out until I think end of July and firmware 1.8

When I purchased my A129 back in May/June, it wasn't advertised with buffered parking mode and didn't have it with the firmware it came with (1.5). Buffered parking mode didn't come out until I think end of July and firmware 1.8

Bufferd Parking Mode was being referred to by Viofo on this forum March 29 th!

Surprising you'd turn it off completely, unless in protest. Why not leave the camera recording or better yet low-bitrate.
I tried using low bitrate,but having to check through all the hours of recordings I can't be bothered! As I say if motion detection and the G-sensor worked well I would be pleased

Bufferd Parking Mode was being referred to by Viofo on this forum March 29 th!
When was it implemented?

I knew nothing of this forum before I purchased my camera. Only found it when looking online for longer rear camera cable and also for best settings to use.

So like I said, when I purchased my A129, buffered parking mode was not advertised and I wasn't too concerned about not having buffered parking mode and was fine with the low bitrate parking mode it had. No promises were made and broken to me.

Last edited:
When was it implemented?

I knew nothing of this forum before I purchased my camera. Only found it when looking online for longer rear camera cable and also for best settings to use.

I first read about it March/April time,on this forum hence why I bought one I thought surely Viofo would soon have it sorted but after 7 months we're still waiting!

I first read about it March/April time,on this forum hence why I bought one I thought surely Viofo would soon have it sorted but after 7 months we're still waiting!
Buffered parking mode works for me, and has ever since I updated to v1.8. It does seem a bit too sensitive on the lowest setting though.

If I'm parked in a parking garage, the only video clips have either someone walking by or a car driving by around the 12 second mark.

If I'm parked in a store or mall parking lot, then yes there are many 45 second long video clips. Mostly due to more movement, people and cars passing an aisle or two over, or leaves on the tree blowing in the wind. In every one of my videos though, I can jump to 12 seconds and see the movement that set the camera recording.

actually I'd go one further and say that people at the bottom end of the market are often more demanding, there's plenty of expensive Korean cameras that you don't hear people complaining about that offer very ordinary levels of performance

Sorry @jokiin but you're wrong there. The DOD RC500S dual dash cam is a very expensive Korean product which I had and that died on me after 1.5 years of use. I've complained about them on several posts here and have read lots of complaints from other people too. Show me an expensive dash cam "that you don't hear people complaining about"! So if these expensive dash cams have "very ordinary levels of performance" as you say, why would anyone buy them over the cheaper models that have similar average performance?

The DOD is a mid range camera from Taiwan

Edit: should have clarified, DOD is a Taiwan company, the product was made in China

Anyway, it's not one of the Korean brands I was referring to

Last edited:
I hope you don't ever experience the circumstances which could make you think differently about this, because I would imagine that most people who end up in the hospital after a car accident, no matter on which floor, never thought they would ever possibly end up there. Even witnesses who remain on the scene are flawed because they are human; if there is more than one, you will invariably get more than one version of the story, often with conflicting recollections and assertions.

A friend of mine was sued for $5.5 million dollars for an accident while driving, with only $1 million umbrella policy coverage, and I was in the passenger seat. Neither of us thought that type of accident would occur either, but it did. And I ultimately had no choice but to sue him too, with his full approval because we were very good friends, for my resulting medical costs. If he had a dashcam (they were not available at the time), we would easily have been able to prove with certainty that the other driver ran a red light, because I saw ours switch to yellow after we entered the intersection. But of course, the other driver blamed him, and eyewitness reports were all over the place.

There is much randomness in life; you have considerably less control of the future that you may think -- though human beings need to feel as if they are in control in order to function so we lie to ourselves. (Is my memory correct about that traffic light being yellow? Who really knows, because I'm human and therefore flawed too.)

You could be the best driver on the road but it doesn't matter, because you're sharing that same road with every other possible type of driver.

Different perspectives play a key role, too. Someone who wasn't able to see the light switch could say you ran into that person. When in fact, the other person started up too soon before it was time to go (I.E. You had a Yellow) and he went ahead and turned in your path.

None the less, I agree with you 100%. Dash Cameras remove ambiguity, human bias, and the varying fields of vision that may affect recall of an accident.

Last edited:
I have a Duo wired directly from the battery on my BMW and it works great until I use Bufferd parking mode when it's recording everything with motion detection! When it's left in this parking mode over night and restart the car it tells me that the battery is in low power mode! But starts ok !
I just would like better adjustment for the motion detection!
It's looking like things are improving with G Sencer firmware so hopefully they are going in the right direction!
This should be BMW normal behavior, I personally use HK3 with A129 on BMW, If use parking mode over the night, it will display low battery warning.
It wants to notify there is another electronic products use the battery while the stopped.

This should be BMW normal behavior, I personally use HK3 with A129 on BMW, If use parking mode over the night, it will display low battery warning.
It wants to notify there is another electronic products use the battery while the stopped.
I'm not to concerned about the BMW being concerned about the low battery warning because I use the HK3 kit and when parked overnight on my drive I switch the camera off as it's covered by cctv! The main issue that concerns me in parking mode is all the unessery files it records with the majority with nothing on!
Today parking in a car a quiet one in 4.5 hours 115 files the vast majority nothing on !

It's a shame because I would just like motion detection to have more control!

from the image sensors perspective changes in lighting is movement, so even clouds can set it off, overnight a red flashing light on the dash will set motion detect off also, it's not just about someone walking in front of the camera

So I'm expecting to much then!

And with motion detect you usually get too much.
Personally i would never use motion detect in a dashcam, but on CCTV cameras it seem to work better.
Cats / rats / ferrets / rabbits ASO near my parked car do not set off a event, but a human passing within 1 M of my car will ( i am zoomed in and have a motion box assigned around the car so its just motion there that set off a event / alarm )
BUT ! CCTV cameras also have a more downward perspective, at least mine on the car have that from the #2 floor balcony door where it is mounted. with a more flat aim i suppose motion detect in a CCTV camera will struggle too.

So I'm expecting to much then!
quite possibly, it's not like a home CCTV system where the cameras point at mostly static scenes so the motion detect can be much more accurate in the way it is adjusted, in car systems are in different environments all the time so the motion detect becomes a one size fits all adjustment, there's a very fine line between recording too much and recording not enough, as mentioned too much video is better than too little

Back