Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

WTF is a "real consumer"?

Beta testers comprise only a tiny fraction of the dash cam purchasing public and the vast majority of buyers (none of them actually) would ever spend a year agonizing over something as trivial as a few dropped or duped frames. In fact, they are very likely not even aware of the problem, nor would they even care if they were. Certainly, retailers and resellers have hardly been "attacking"anyone here and no one other than HonestReview has engaged in any form of name calling such as addressing someone who disagreed with him as an "A-hole".

Only the hardcore enthusiasts and fanatics who spend more than half their waking hours on this forum analyzing and debating the finer points of this technology would be concerned about a random dropped or duplicated frame and even then most of us wouldn't continue harping about it month after month. Most of us who have been using dash cams for a long time are primarily concerned with camera reliability and capturing high quality actionable video evidence. Even people new to dash cams (the "real" consumers?) are primarily concerned with the same things.

The notion that a random missing 30th of a second frame here and there (or any frame rate), or (heaven forbid) a doubled 30th or whatever of a second of video is reason to engage in such a foofaraw becomes more and more ridiculous the longer it goes on.
typical lonely like you will never understand what Real is meaning!

English must not be your first language.....

Espanol - El sujecto es no mas. Estamos terminados.
Svenska - Vi är klara nu

French? Italian? The subject is dead.
no spelling, not grammar required for beta testers!

Guys, can we calm down? I think @viofo got the message and they are going to come up with an updated firmware, just not during Chinese new year holidays which ends 2nd of February.
I don't think being aggressive towards each other helps anyone.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

typical lonely like you will never understand what Real is meaning!

YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS!

no spelling, not grammar required for beta testers!

It's really most amusing to be characterized as "typical lonely" by a guy who is sitting in front of his computer at 3:45 AM posting vituperative remarks on the forum while simultaneously sending me threatening, obscenity laden PMs. I don't imagine you're going to get too far if you keep up with that sort of behavior.

"what Real is meaning"? " - "no spelling, not grammar required "? Say what?? :smuggrin:

It's pretty hilarious seeing you accuse me of using poor grammar when you obviously can't even compose a simple, properly worded sentence. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, you're right sobhi, I do not understand, "what is Real meaning"?? And earlier I asked for you to provide a definition for "real consumers" but you still have not explained yourself.

YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS!

Don't bother arguing with DashMellow. Let it go. He's an online drama king who clearly has nothing better to do in life than fuel online flaming wars.

Indeed the A129 is not alone. As I said earlier, all cameras are fallible.

Most of the dashcams I have used have 'known problems', including the A119, A129, A129 Pro, GitUp F1, GitUp F1C, Mobius 2, Mobius Maxi, B1W, B2W. That doesn't stop me from using them. I don't expect those issues to be fixed either - it would be nice if they are, but I won't hold out for a fix or keep complaining about them.

Honestly, I think the most responsive manufacturer is probably Street Guardian. Jokiin is here supporting users and providing feedback on a continuous basis. And he stated that Street Guardian doesn't add features unless they're proven to work.

Now, that is good and bad. Course, it's fantastic because once it's released, you'll have less issues. On the flip side, some features may not get supported or be released because the quirks cannot be hammered out. So Viofo does get credit for trying to add an "all in one package" even if some of those packages are buggier than others.

Don't bother arguing with DashMellow. Let it go. He's an online drama king who clearly has nothing better to do in life.

"Let it go"? Gee HonestReview, just the other day after yet another one of these posts I said, "Can't wait to see what sort of complaint or personal attack you decide to launch next. Surely it won't take very long until that happens." And Lo and behold, here it is!

It's remarkable, but not surprising to see a perennially contentious character like you, who spends much of your time insulting people in thread after thread launching insults and attacks at me. This thread in particular is sprinkled with disparaging remarks you've made toward others including making highly offensive statements about @Mtz's nationality merely because he disagreed with you. The fact that I called you out on that one is in large part why you are still engaging in this kind of behavior now. This is what insecure people do when someone doesn't happen to agree with them when they have nothing coherent or articulate to say in support of their assertions.

I can't help but recall how someone initiated a petition to have you banned from the forum because of your attitude and demeanor towards others. And that was a only a mere two weeks after you became a member!
At the time, despite your fractious demeanor I didn't feel you actually deserved to be banned from the forum but the fact that you evoked such a sentiment is very telling and in hindsight it wasn't such a bad idea at all.

"Let it go"? Gee HonestReview, just the other day after yet another one of these posts I said, "Can't wait to see what sort of complaint or personal attack you decide to launch next. Surely it won't take very long until that happens." And Lo and behold, here it is!

It's remarkable, but not surprising to see a perennially contentious character like you, who spends much of your time insulting people in thread after thread launching insults and attacks at me. This thread in particular is sprinkled with disparaging remarks you've made toward others including making highly offensive statements about @Mtz's nationality merely because he disagreed with you. The fact that I called you out on that one is in large part why you are still engaging in this kind of behavior now. This is what insecure people do when someone doesn't happen to agree with them when they have nothing coherent or articulate to say in support of their assertions.

I can't help but recall how someone initiated a petition to have you banned from the forum because of your attitude and demeanor towards others. And that was a mere two weeks after you became a member!
At the time, despite your fractious demeanor I didn't feel you actually deserved to be banned from the forum but the fact that you evoked such a sentiment is very telling and in hindsight it wasn't such a bad idea at all.

That's not a personal attack. We've said let it go over and over, and you insist on starting things up. A description of your behavior (Drama King).

Note.. don't bother replying... I won't answer any further comment.

That's not a personal attack. We've said let it go over and over, and you insist on starting things up. A description of your behavior (Drama King).

Note.. don't bother replying... I won't answer any further comment.

Calling people names is an attack. Denying that you are calling people names while in the act of calling people names is called trolling. And claiming that you said, "let it go over and over" when you haven't is called lying.

Nothing would please me more than for you to not offer any further commentary but the chances of that happening are highly unlikely.

Pretty sure this thread can be locked at this point.

I give admins permission. Viofo is aware of the issue with duplicate frames / random dropped frames. Nothing more is served by my thread. It's up to the SDk developer and Viofo to resolve issue. Whether or not this happens is yet to be seen...

Nothing more to gain by keeping thread active.

Back