Disappointing Quality

The V3 does the better job in low-light and therefore will be tuned more toward both day and night conditions which will also compromise both. So you can't really directly compare with Mobius though it does make for a good daytime benchmark.

The V3 hasn't yet had the attention to modded FW which the V2 got so you have less to choose from, but if you followed the V2 modding you'd see a wide range of both video characteristics and of user opinion; there was never one FW topping the rest but instead a small group of FW's at the top among which most people found onje which they liked better than the others. You'll get the same thing here in time. If you don't like what's available now you can wait for or help develop something you like better but most folks are satisfied with the V3 factory FW, which is why modding has gone slower.

Phil

A119 stock firmware 2.4, 2560x1440, high bitrate

Capture.PNG

Seems to me this Viofo cutting-edge technology is not better than decade old budget camera.
We got scammed.

Last edited:
It seems to me that you have a DVR marriage, the video is out of focus.
The video should be given the original, not YouTube.
video is not great for judging but from what I see I agree, it looks like the lens is out of focus (or it's dirty)

It seems to me that you have a DVR marriage, the video is out of focus.
The video should be given the original, not YouTube.

The youtube encoder cannot differentiate between the two slapped videos, and encode one at a worse quality than the other.
Here's the original camera file: https://we.tl/t-IjPy1iHl4n
video is not great for judging but from what I see I agree, it looks like the lens is out of focus (or it's dirty)
The lens is clean.
Is it possible to focus the lens or is it needs to be sent back?

Here is a downloadable 3 minute file from my V3 :

>> Krem Sample <<

The only way to compare is RAW file v RAW file

It's one I hold on DropBox, from Oct 2020, just in case.

Here is a downloadable 3 minute file from my V3 :

>> Krem Sample <<

The only way to compare is RAW file v RAW file

It's one I hold on DropBox, from Oct 2020, just in case.
Its sure the correct way to be sure nothing is lost or changed, but its not the only way. Encodres might degrade quality but it degrades everything. If both videos have the same amount of detail, it may be that one was better and was degraded to a "common denominator"
But if one of the videos has better detail than then other, it means its missing detail in the original file.

Is it possible to focus the lens or is it needs to be sent back?
You have a strong reflection in the video.
0. Eliminate DVR vibration
1. Configure СPL
2. For check : Shoot a video outside the car glass, so that there is no reflection of the dashboard, the sun should be behind, do not shake the DVR.

1.jpg

Last edited:
I understand you want to to see how it does in perfect conditions, but tbh im not here to make academic research.

The mobius camera is placed 2 cm to the right of Viofo, so it suffers the same conditions, same reflections etc.
Even if it produces video twice better in a pefect envoirment, its useless to me if it can't do better than the mobius in my real life car conditions.

Link should be fixed now.

Works now. Thanks

Suggestions:

1. Have you taken an eyeglass cloth or similar and wiped off the lens?
2. If the lens has no smudges or finger prints, looks then like your windshield is dirty.
3. Does your windshield happen to be tinted?

Works now. Thanks

Suggestions:

1. Have you taken an eyeglass cloth or similar and wiped off the lens?
2. If the lens has no smudges or finger prints, looks then like your windshield is dirty.
3. Does your windshield happen to be tinted?

1 & 2, i will clean the lens and windshield as you suggested and report back
3. No my front windshield is not tinted.

Back