Disassembling the G1W to give it a stealthy matte black paint job

That looks really cool. Great job. If you decide to paint the IR light would love to see that too.

I don't think that's ir light.
It's just a regular light like a small flash light.

Good job on the black paint.

I don't think that's ir light.
It's just a regular light like a small flash light.

Good job on the black paint.
Yeah you are right. I just get used to calling it that, and I think that is what it is called in the menu, but it is just basically a flash light.

funny, i guess it looks like a regular flash since it has the white front plate, which would likely block IR light... never thought of that. i probably will paint that. i am *planning* on adding a CPL lens to it, which will be another video and i will probably paint the white flash piece then also.

not really useful when you have to go through the menu to turn it on. the INNOVV C1/C2 were smart to have a physical switch right on the side.

Nice job

Every DashCam should be Matte Black. I'll never understand the need for smash and grab friendly high gloss bling cams in the east. (Cultural difference status symbol or what ever)

Nice job

Every DashCam should be Matte Black. I'll never understand the need for smash and grab friendly high gloss bling cams in the east. (Cultural difference status symbol or what ever)
i dunno if i misinterpreted what my aunt said, but when I was visiting family in South Korea, my aunt lived in a huge apartment complex that had dozens of towers, each "complex" had 10-30 thousand people in these single 20-30 tower developments. she double parked a car in the parking lot, and then left her car keys on the back bumper, so that stranger who she doubled parked in could move her car to get out.

like i said i dont know if this was me misinterpreting what she said since I dont speak korean and she doesnt speak english very well (my mom was sort of the translator) but that sort of blew my mind how culturally different they were when it came to not worrying about theft

Back