Disassembly ( Inside ) Mini 0803

Is it possible to adjust the camera focus in the 803 if you disassemble? Or is it fixed?

Thanks!!!!!

Is it possible to adjust the camera focus in the 803 if you disassemble? Or is it fixed?

Thanks!!!!!

Yes, its possible.
Check my last picture, - you see there I have disassembled unit connected to TV via HDMI cable. What do you think, why I did this ? ;)

Yes, its possible.
Check my last picture, - you see there I have disassembled unit connected to TV via HDMI cable. What do you think, why I did this ? ;)

Just FYI to any 803 owners, the camera lens is very solidly glued to it's mount to prevent (accidental) turning and de-focusing. After a couple of hours I gave up trying to get the large amount of glue off without damaging anything.

I would consider, at least the 803's like mine, to not be adjustable if the focus is not quite perfect. Send it back if it has that issue.

Thanks for the tear down! If I'm not mistaken it looks like it would be pretty straightforward to add internal memory. Seems like the slot is already there.

Step by step how to disassemble Mini 0803. Same applies to Mini 0801.

Great disassembly pics.

Two questions.

1. Is there a protective film to remove from the lens? It looks like a solid plastic piece on mine.

2. Has anyone put an alignment mark on the adjustable section once mounted correctly, so as to realign it easily if knocked ? If so, what was used to mark it?

Tere is a plastic transparent protective film for transportation, but it is not fully circle, should have small "arm" on edge. If there is no such "arm" on which you can grab it to pull away, - then there is no film. This has been in most dashcams I had. Dont know what is latest stock.

You mean putting mark on lens housing for focus adjustment, right ?

I used a white paint marker to put a line on the optimum fixing position:
image.jpg image.jpg

While I was at it I used a fibre stick to remove the white lettering:
image.jpg image.jpg

Tere is a plastic transparent protective film for transportation, but it is not fully circle, should have small "arm" on edge. If there is no such "arm" on which you can grab it to pull away, - then there is no film. This has been in most dashcams I had. Dont know what is latest stock.
You mean putting mark on lens housing for focus adjustment, right ?

Thanks niko. My Dash Cam has nothing covering the lens then as there is no small "arm" on edge.

No, not the lens adjustment. See below.

I used a white paint marker to put a line on the optimum fixing position:
View attachment 6886 View attachment 6887

While I was at it I used a fibre stick to remove the white lettering:
View attachment 6888 View attachment 6889

Thanks SteveJ. That's exactly what I meant and how best to mark it.

I only have one line of print on my cam, so no need to remove it.

Biggest problem was that the Setup Menu didn't show the GPS option, however, re-flashing the firmware has fixed that :)

one of our customer prized the housing without following your instruction, some components drop off from PCB after the rough work, then he found the remark on the main IC is "A7L-D-B1-RH A1401" but your image showing "A1348" so he thought he got fake Ambarella A7LA50D chipset. He sent the whole batch cameras back and asked us to indemnify for for the shipping, his time and so on.
here I would like to introduce the meaning of the numbers, A1348 means the IC was produced on the 48th week of 2013, A1401 means the IC was produced on the 1st week of 2014. this remark change happens on most IC, and the series remark maybe different also because the ICs maybe made in different production line, even in different sub-factory.
please differentiate the IC models by the BOTTOM remark, it is "A7LA50D" here. (of course, there maybe some re-mark ICs, but 100% they can't run the firmwares we released! :) )
Niko, am I right? ;)

one of our customer prized the housing without following your instruction, some components drop off from PCB after the rough work, then he found the remark on the main IC is "A7L-D-B1-RH A1401" but your image showing "A1348" so he thought he got fake Ambarella A7LA50D chipset. He sent the whole batch cameras back and asked us to indemnify for for the shipping, his time and so on.
here I would like to introduce the meaning of the numbers, A1348 means the IC was produced on the 48th week of 2013, A1401 means the IC was produced on the 1st week of 2014. this remark change happens on most IC, and the series remark maybe different also because the ICs maybe made in different production line, even in different sub-factory.
please differentiate the IC models by the BOTTOM remark, it is "A7LA50D" here. (of course, there maybe some re-mark ICs, but 100% they can't run the firmwares we released! :) )
Niko, am I right? ;)
Pictures here are from very first release. I also have last month release model as well. When have time, will look inside to confirm differences.

câmera quebrada.jpg I bought one for my uncle and it arrived today. But the ring around lens is loose :(. I don't know if I should it back because the shipping is high. Will be possible fix it?

Last edited:
Back