Discrete preferably remote camera from DVR

mel0n

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,

So I have done a ton of research over the past week on dash cams as I just bought a new truck and would like to protect myself and my investment. I am very comfortable with electronics in vehicles and plan to at some point do a hard wired install. I also like my installs to be clean and professional looking which is why I am posting in the first place.

Been reading all over the forum up and down and I like the mini 080x cameras but it seems they still have a few bugs to sort out and I am not thrilled with the idea of a tape mount as I have a 6 inch tint strip across the top of my windshield. I like the panorama cameras as well however it seems for the price, their recording quality isn't all that great in comparison to others in that range. I would really like to do something like LK-7300G where the camera is very minimal and I can make a nice clean install out of it with the DVR hidden away somewhere, however it is an older camera and just doesn't really match up to the stuff that is on the market today, especially at the price. I would really like something similar to that setup. I was also very interested in the mobius with a capacitor and wide angle camera like in techmoans video

I was thinking a mobius with the 8" extension, capacitor, and lens D
Plan is to mount the camera up near the roof of the car, and mount the DVR to the back side of my mirror, then route the power cable accordingly down the inside of an A pillar.

Edit**
Forgot to mention features.
Will not use GPS even if it is included against my will
will not use any silly features like parking, front side detection ect
just want high quality video in a clean/discrete way

However if there is a better solution or somebody has a better suggestion I am open to anything really, you guys know more than me i've only been at it for a week. Preferably along the lines of the LK-7300G as i mentioned earlier, but better quality and my concern with the mobius is nighttime quality.

Price is also not much of a factor as i can wait a bit longer to buy something more expensive if i have to but under $250 would be preferable and only gunna pay the higher $$ if its truly worth the extra money.

Thanks!

** another Edit
just found the LUKAS LK-7700 pro and 7900 ace. They look really good but I cant find any differences between them. there is a $50 price difference ($150 vs $199 on amazon) and the only complain I found about the 7700 is the review on amazon about the screen washing out with black when direct sun exposure occurs, and the night quality isn't all that great. The 7900 seems to be a really good option though, just want to know the difference between the 2 and if the 7900's are still shipping with a focus issue. Also considering the Finevu 300/500 but the lights on the back of them look annoying

Last edited:
Wow that X1 looks great, leaning towards that and the 7900 now. Seems like the same sensor in them both, however X1 will be first consumer version/bleeding edge so that always brings interesting stuff with it. I have kinda ruled out the finevu because I really want capacitors over a battery. Thanks for the suggestion gives me more to think about!

Hi All,

So I have done a ton of research over the past week on dash cams as I just bought a new truck and would like to protect myself and my investment. I am very comfortable with electronics in vehicles and plan to at some point do a hard wired install. I also like my installs to be clean and professional looking which is why I am posting in the first place.
Welcome melon! Attention to detail is a great attribute :)

No i am not sure, but the Lk-7900 came out before the IMX 322 CMOS thats used in the X1, not sure if the newer 7900 ARA & ACE and whatever confusing names Lukas have used have been retrofitted with the newer CMOS from sony.

Batteries is fine if you plan on taking the dashcam with you when you park the car, but if you leave it in the car like i have all day & year then capasitors is the only way to go.

The fact that the X1 is a brand new product should be no problem, it contain allready proved hardware, and hardcore users from in here is allready testing it to weed out any bad mistakes.
And after sale the brand carry a excellent support, and most dedicated retailers like pier28 in the states and nico on the EU side.

I am looking to update my LK-7500, not as its in any way bad, but i want to pass it on to my little sister, and then get a new & little better model myself.

Hope i get the job i just applied for a fjew houres ago, need to get a littel above the bottom of Danish society.

Last edited:
Back