DIY Bracket for Dash Cam discrete installation behind mirror

Re: DIY Bracket for Dash Cam discrete installation behind mi

niko said:
Very good that new blades helped a little bit, but you do not have to worrie of maybe not recording clearly whole sky ( not everyday you can see meteorites falling down ), - most important that your dash camera will get good clear shot of the action on the road.
By the way, what dash camera do you have or planning to buy ?

It helped with the sweet spot of where I wanted to mount the Mini 0801. It's now perfectly lined up with my rear view mirror. The dashcam is now 100% out of my line of sight and I don't see it at all when driving. (stealthy for both me, and from the outside)

Very Crafty,i would make sure to round the corners to avoid a head injury in a crash otherwise brillant!

I am currently painting my Mirror,ETAG and roof mount to better blend my camera in my car.

I also blacked out the DOD and LS430 from front of camera it is harded to see but the white light part now is only real visable spot.

@niko
Thanks for your clip on brackets! There I also saw a bracket with GPS attached... Do you by any chance know if that GPS logger works with the new LS330W? If it does, I would be so happy to learn where to get it.

@niko
Thanks for your clip on brackets! There I also saw a bracket with GPS attached... Do you by any chance know if that GPS logger works with the new LS330W? If it does, I would be so happy to learn where to get it.

I never had ls330w in my hand but tested on other nt96650 + ar0330 based dashcams that support gps logger and it didnt work. Probably because its from dashcsm which based on Ambarella A2S60 so its different solution.

I'm new to this and it seems to be a inpentrable Jungle out there... I'm trying to find an alternative GPS logger for the LS330W I've just ordered and do not want to buy one from DOD, due to their pricing and postage charges.

Slight? Try asking DOD for a FW update in the future :D

Yeah sure, plus shipping back and forth for a FW upgrade? lol I think not.

I don't think I will ever pay that kind of money for a FW update, when most manufacturers provide them for free in their download section as a good will gesture...

I'll simply take my money elswhere...

Re: DIY Bracket for Dash Cam discrete installation behind mi

Please note that 3M Dual Lock have to types.
- all whether (clear) like the one on photo above. It will hold in high temperature and direct sun and outdoor.
- Havy-Duty (black) is good for indoor use will not hold in high temperature.
I don't believe that is correct. If you look at 3M's website you can see that there is a good selection of the dual lock tapes that will run up to 200 deg F and a few that will go up higher than that. I think the confusion may arise from two similar dual lock tapes, the SJ3550 which is good for 200 deg F and the similar SJ3540 which is only good for 120 deg F and is half the price and would possibly fail on a hot day inside a car.

Back