DIY - Cam and Magnets?

Tomjom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know it its possible to attach a cam to something with magnets (As a DIY project), without hurting the cam

Cameras are not affected by magnets, so yes, but make sure they are strong since you don't want cameras flying around your heads in an accident. Normally best to have two magnets in a mount so that the camera can't rotate around the polar axis of a single magnet.

Last edited:
there are cameras which use magnets as part of the mount, eg, new range of Nextbase cameras, others have been available for over 5 years, it's not new at all

Does anybody know it its possible to attach a cam to something with magnets (As a DIY project), without hurting the cam

If you do a search here in the DIY sub-forum you'll find many interesting DIY neodymium magnet camera mounts.

I have two barrel shaped Neodymium magnets glued & taped to my mobius for a few years now, 12 mm diameter 8 - 10 mm think.
And one of my rear cameras are held in place by a single even larger Neodymium magnet, this also work flawless for years.

Mounting off the metal frame of the rear hatch in my small 5 door hatchback, and off a piece of metal folded over so it slide over the headliner for my L side camera.

The magnets for me will soon no longer be needed as i will move away from using single cameras to dual channel systems, where it is more easy to retrieve the memory card ( storing footage from 2 cameras ) in 1 easy accessible location Vs having to go to the individual single cameras where they may be installed, which was made more easy with the magnets so i did not have to mess with the little memory cards in the car so just grab the whole camera instead.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dashmellow DIY Projects 6
russ331 DIY Projects 4
Back