Do any dash cams have a motion detection parking mode for the BACKUP camera?

ball

Reaction score
Country
United States
Title says it all. I don't think the A810 does, and it's really hard finding any information out there :(

Viofo dashcams have motion detection on all cameras.

Viofo dashcams have motion detection on all cameras.
Thank you. Now I just have to figure out how to weatherproof that rear camera and get a longer cable for it

Can't help with the weatherproofing, but you can get cables up to 15 meters / 50ft length here, for the A139, other cameras are shorter:

Looks like the A229 Pro only has a 19.7ft cable and I don't think that cable will work. Looks like a type-c cable

Edit: although IF it is USB-C I can buy longer

Last edited:
Looks like the A229 Pro only has a 19.7ft cable and I don't think that cable will work. Looks like a type-c cable

Edit: although IF it is USB-C I can buy longer
Not a good idea to buy longer for the USB-C cables, the cables are fairly carefully matched to the cameras, quite likely that the fairly high data rate wont get through on longer or non-Viofo cables.

The coax cable used by the A139 cameras is far better technology, so can go far further.

I might be able to make the 19.7ft cable work. Maybe. It's at the limit.

I wish the A139 had a display. Box truck needs a backup camera.

I might be able to make the 19.7ft cable work. Maybe. It's at the limit.

I wish the A139 had a display. Box truck needs a backup camera.
Keep in mind that a rear dash cam camera is not a "backup" camera like you may be familiar with in most automobiles. It only records and is not intended for real time viewing or "backing up".

Indeed, it will be better to just get a cheap generic backup system, with a adequate large screen like 7" that will also have range and guide lines which a rear dashcam also do not have.
On a box truck i would assume you will want camera way up high and aimed very much down, a rear dashcam like front you want to film pretty much level with the road. and so you will not see very much directly behind the truck / car

Indeed, it will be better to just get a cheap generic backup system, with a adequate large screen like 7" that will also have range and guide lines which a rear dashcam also do not have.
On a box truck i would assume you will want camera way up high and aimed very much down, a rear dashcam like front you want to film pretty much level with the road. and so you will not see very much directly behind the truck / car

guide lines are worthless when you mount the camera up high, which is where they get mounted, and why the guide lines are irrelevant (also unnecessary)

I can see you jumping to the defense of the corporation, but a small screen showing the rear camera view would work just fine. I don't need a 7" screen.

guide lines are worthless when you mount the camera up high, which is where they get mounted, and why the guide lines are irrelevant (also unnecessary)

I can see you jumping to the defense of the corporation, but a small screen showing the rear camera view would work just fine. I don't need a 7" screen.

Fine, but as we've been trying to tell you, dash cams are not suitable as backup cameras.

Back