Do I have significant glare?

Have you tried to do an instant save. Press the centre button and waiting for it to save, then power down. This should create a read-only file in the directory: DCIM/RO

Sometimes Sandisk is not compatible, recommend Transcend or Samsung.
Please make sure Micro SD Card Class 10,format card on your computer to FAT32 file.
I have a 128 GB Samsung EVO card. I had to format it to exFAT (Windows 7) on my laptop before formatting the card in the camera. Your experience may differ, especially if you have a 64GB card.

Got the Samsung card and everything is working out great. One thing I noticed is that the night time glare coming from headlights or street lights is significant. Night time a119s youtube vids have much less glare than I'm getting. Is there a night mode setting or ideal config for to reduce glare? Thanks everyone who helped out with the other problem.

More likely those A119S dashcams in the videos have CPL (circular polarizing lens) filter installed. I bought that as well... About $15 or less. Buy the Viofo CPL...not the cheap no name brand sticker kind.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

More likely those A119S dashcams in the videos have CPL (circular polarizing lens) filter installed. I bought that as well... About $15 or less. Buy the Viofo CPL...not the cheap no name brand sticker kind.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
I have the CPL Viofo brand filter on my from camera, but not on my rear one as the rear shots thru window tint. Both are great [emoji106].

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

One thing I noticed is that the night time glare coming from headlights or street lights is significant. Night time a119s youtube vids have much less glare than I'm getting. Is there a night mode setting or ideal config for to reduce glare?
Usual culprit is a fingerprint on the lens or CPL (inevitable if you handle the camera much) or a film on the windshield. Some blooming/glare from illuminated objects at night is normal. Posting a photo might help others advise. For a check on your windshield, take a comparison photo/video from outside of the car if possible. I'm not aware of any special settings that would help without adversely affecting image quality.

Update with some pics. I cleaned both sides thoroughly with alcohol. Wiped the lense too.
2hnuvc5.png

28gqpom.png

Does this glare seem more significant than what you guys are getting? The night vids on YT are much better than mine.

Anyone see anything out of normal or can give advice to reduce glare?

Anyone see anything out of normal or can give advice to reduce glare?

If it's been cleaned throughly both inside and out, looks like scratches on the windscreen are causing the streaks. I have a few on the front windscreen and a couple on the rear, gives the same effect when headlights and streetlight hit the lens through the scratches.

I'd say give it another round of cleaning first.

I had this effect one night on my B1W which turned out to be condensation on the lens.

If you look at the pic closely, you will see the flares are arced, not straight. This almost always indicates wiper scratching or wiper streaking when it's seen across the entire view and not just the edges. Cam lenses are far more sensitive to this than your eyes ;)

Phil

Easiest way to tell if it’s the windshield or not, is to unmount the camera and point it out an open window (not while driving obviously).

Thanks guys I forgot to mention i did clean both sides well with alcohol. It's probably my imperfect glass. I'll try out the window tonight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F A119S 5
B A119S 10
H A119S 22
Back