DOD LS460W vs. LS300W - I am very disappointed ! Sony Exmor CMOS, ISO3200, F1.6, WDR, 3DNR, 5x GPS

I hope the new one is better - I did read of focus issues with the 330 in heat too so potentially you may see that issue on the replacement?

DOD really need to sort that side of things out tbh.

As a dealer from DOD cams in the Netherlands I can say that sometimes (1 on 50) there is a cam with a bad lens.
@Gardi....I think you have one!!! See the example from a LS330W with a bad lens en the new LS 360w. On my computer I can count
the briggs from the building. These photo's are parts of a screenshots.

GJLDlcN.jpg

mp4ewCK.jpg

out.php

special firmware for LS360W with sharpness feature?

I did read a post somewhere saying the LS360 was looking better than the 460, not sure if it's just differences in focus etc from the factory?

special firmware for LS360W with sharpness feature?

Technically speaking the halo effect you are pointing out for us is an example of over-sharpening. The image would be cleaner and likely appear sharper if the firmware was a little less overzealous in its sharpening levels.

sharpening.jpg

Last edited:
So the 460 isn't better than the 430? It's been a year now. New updates must have been released. How is the 460 working today? I was very satisfied with my 430 which I got a year ago. And I just ordered the 460 based on the fact that my 430 still is such a great dash cam today! And I needed a second dash cam for the rear window of my car.

Maybe I should just get a 330 instead? The 460 is 400 usd.

What country are you in? The Street Guardian SG9665GC is worth a look for anyone looking at the newer DOD range.

What country are you in? The Street Guardian SG9665GC is worth a look for anyone looking at the newer DOD range.

So is the street guardian just another dash cam? Looks like it. Why that over DOD ls460w?

And btw; All websites say the new DOD dash cams can take up to 64GB micro sdhc cards as long as they are formatted using FAT32. However........ Can I use a 128GB card if I format it using FAT32 or is 64GB the upper limit for sure?

EDIT:

Aha!!!! Look what I found out:

http://dod-tech.ca/supportcenter/recommended-memory-cards/

That's great news! Even if reliability of the 128GB cards long term isn't know ill buy a 128GB card for my new LS460 right away!!!

So is the street guardian just another dash cam? Looks like it. Why that over DOD ls460w?

And btw; All websites say the new DOD dash cams can take up to 64GB micro sdhc cards as long as they are formatted using FAT32. However........ Can I use a 128GB card if I format it using FAT32 or is 64GB the upper limit for sure?

Panorama S, X2, Street Guardian SGZC12SG, SGZC12RC can use any size card with full native exFAT support formatted inside the camera itself. (Even 512GB)

Panorama S, X2, Street Guardian SGZC12SG, SGZC12RC can use any size card with full native exFAT support formatted inside the camera itself. (Even 512GB)

Aha makes sense to get one then! I also see they cost less than half of a DOD Ls460!

What are the advantages of using exFAT over FAT32!?

Are there any battery solutions that will keep any dash cam run to record a full 512GB memory card? I don't need 1080p, I can run 480p and still get great video quality. My opinion. How many hours of video will
I get using 480p on a 128GB card vs a 512gb card?

512gb card will get around 76 hours at 1080p

Good! And how long would a normal car battery be able to give that camera power?

And a big btw - Isn't the largest micro sdhc card 200mb in size? The street guardian can only use micro sdhc cards right?

We have models that take full size cards, keep in mind last I checked 512gb cards were around $600

Last edited:
I had two LS460s that were both replaced due to focus shifting - the SG9665GC bests them both at night.

Basically think of the SG as the 460 in a smaller case with a higher quality lens etc and basically what DOD should have had on the market within weeks of the first 460 being released.

Even now of seems pot luck whether you'll get a good 460.

I'm intrigued to see what they release this year as if they stick to the 12 month schedule they should have something announced anytime, unless it was just the racing version of the 460?

they generally release anything new April and October to coincide with trade shows, it's all 'worlds first' made up spec though, they're capable of doing good product but unfortunately focus too much on the marketing BS

Ah so there will be nothing new from them released this August then!

I still reckon they should get you in to help on the engineering side!

Back