Does anyone else feel a bit uneasy driving without a dash cam?

JGZ1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a cheap generic dash cam which died recently so I went ahead and ordered a Viofo A119 Mini 2 (thanks to all the contributors here).

I'm not prone to worry, but it just feels weird driving without a dash cam while I wait for the Viofo to arrive. It's not really helped by the poor standard of driving on the roads; I've been cut up twice and witnessed a very dangerous bit of driving at high speed on a busy motorway (highway), which could have easily turned tragic.

That's just in the last week and I don't drive every day. Next time, I may pay a bit more and order locally rather than from China (I'm in the UK), but £91 from China vs £151 from UK (including CPL filter) was hard to ignore.

Does anyone else find it slightly uneasy driving without a dash cam?

Sure do - to the point where I have a 'spare' camera on hand to use on those occasions when I need to rent/borrow a vehicle or when buying a new one and/or trading or selling the old.

I had thought about buying another cheap cam for the interim period but I didn't think it was worth it for the quality.

I may get another A119 Mini 2 for my wife's car and then use the cheap cam currently in her car as a spare.

As luck would have it, the A119 Mini 2 has just arrived (6 days from China not bad at all). I will decide once I have evaluated the image quality.

@DT MI what model is your spare cam and do you have a suction mount for it?

JGZ1, was there any additional VAT or duty on top of the £91 ? Currently got a Mini 2 for front, thinking of adding a second for the rear, at £60 saving vs UK it's a good buy.

@Barneyb100 Not on this occasion. Carrier was 4PX and it appears it was shipped to their depot in Southall and then shipped to me via Royal Mail 48 tracked.

@DT MI what model is your spare cam and do you have a suction mount for it?
It's an older SG9665GC Ver. 2 and I use this as a 'portable' mount.

I feel uneasy if one of 3-4 cameras on my windscreen is not recording, and i feel really uneasy driving to the mechanic CUZ then i take out all cameras and have 0

I have an old Garmin DC55 with a suction cup that I use exclusively for rental cars.

Yes, I do.

That's why I have a 3 channel Blackvue and a couple of Mini 2 installed in my car. And 2 Minis as backup at home, just in case. ;)

Last edited:
Back