Does not keep date

Earman

Reaction score
Just got a new DVR-207GS (genuine). Could not get it to work properly until I turned Motion OFF. Now it works fine. However, the date is wrong. I do set the date and it uses it the first time it runs. Then for all other recordings it resets to 01.01.2012! I checked the battery and even replaced it with a genuine Nokia one, and it still does not keep the date even with battery fully charged. It's acting like there is no battery holding the correct date and time. It would not be a big problem if the date was not important to erase the oldest files when the card is full. I am afraid it will erase recent files instead of old ones...

The power is connected to an outlet which is only ON when the car is ON. I could connect to a permanently powered outlet but then how would that work for automatic ON/OFF recording? The motion sensor does not work properly.

Anyone else having problems with the date? Any suggestions? Thanks!

I think I found my problem. I just discovered that the DVR would not start when not plugged in the car or on a USB port. So I checked the battery contacts (the 2 little metal loops inside the battery compartment) and found that one was shorter than the other one and was not making good contact with the battery. I pulled that contact out a bit and now I have good battery contact and the unit can start on battery alone. I have to double check that it will also keep the date, but I think it should... How long should the battery last when the car is not powered and the DVR is just in stand-by mode, keeping the date but not recording anything?

Earman said:
I think I found my problem. I just discovered that the DVR would not start when not plugged in the car or on a USB port. So I checked the battery contacts (the 2 little metal loops inside the battery compartment) and found that one was shorter than the other one and was not making good contact with the battery. I pulled that contact out a bit and now I have good battery contact and the unit can start on battery alone. I have to double check that it will also keep the date, but I think it should... How long should the battery last when the car is not powered and the DVR is just in stand-by mode, keeping the date but not recording anything?

I don't think anyone can provide an exact answer, but when a battery is being used to hold some memory, it uses very little power and will last an extraordinary long time. For example, a desktop computer maintains it's BIOS settings (including the date and time for the computer) with a 3V battery, and it lasts typically 5-10 years.

Back