Does the FioFo A129 continue to alert when sd card is bad?

Is Fiofo A129 mature to buy at this point?

• yes it's mature

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no it's not mature

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • issues:

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
I’ve been using an A129 for several weeks and just added another one for the wife’s car. No complaints on either one. For me they’ve been rock solid. I won’t lie, parking mode needs some work, but there is development coming and I have no doubt they’ll get it right. So far I’m very impressed.

which sd card did you purchase?

I've had the a129 duo since it first came out and I'm still waiting for the CPL filter and the hardwire kit. I would say those are issues. Keep being told it's coming in 3 weeks and when 3 weeks is up it ends up being three weeks more and still not here. I've suggested Viofo let us know on this forum when it will "officially" be here but no answer. Personally I agree with all of the other good things that have been said about this camera but I sure getting tired of waiting for the accessories to get here! :rolleyes: It would be nice if Viofo would chime in, someone there must know!

I purchased a couple of the Samsung EVO Select 256gb from Amazon and they work with no problem. use them on my GoPro also with no problems

I'm debating if I should get the evo select with U3 or the high endurance card. I have personal doubts on both because a) I've read on the reveal that by using the evo select, someone's 128 card went into read only mode. the evo select with U3 is definitely fast enough for dual camera, but if I were to go with the high endurance card, I'm not sure if it's fast enough being that it's U1. Is a class 10 card fast enough for dual camera at 1080p 30 fps ..does anyone know? Do you use your GoPro a LOT?

I'm debating if I should get the evo select with U3 or the high endurance card. I have personal doubts on both because a) I've read on the reveal that by using the evo select, someone's 128 card went into read only mode. the evo select with U3 is definitely fast enough for dual camera, but if I were to go with the high endurance card, I'm not sure if it's fast enough being that it's U1. Is a class 10 card fast enough for dual camera at 1080p 30 fps ..does anyone know? Do you use your GoPro a LOT?
U1 is plenty fast enough. In some cameras they work better than the U3 cards but the A129 seems to work with both speeds. There are plenty of people using the Evo U3 with the A129, including me, without problems. I would go for the card with more memory so that the loop recording retains the video for longer, might come in useful some day. Unless you are recording at full speed 24 hours per day then the endurance is not going to be of much benefit for several years, by which time it may be outdated and too small to be of much use.

Just to clear up some things.
1. EVO Select and EVO Plus are the same card, the former being labeled as such only for Amazon.
2. Card being labeled U3 only means that it's capable of higher speeds, whether your device uses it or not.
3. I've been using EVO Select in two cameras for like two months already with absolutely no problem.

which sd card did you purchase?
Samsung Evo Select 128G. So far no issues. If I do have issues in the future, I'll switch to a Samsung Endurance most likely. But for less money I just had to give the Select a try.

on Amazon Samsung EVO Select price for the 32gb is $11 USD and VIOFO is selling the 32gb for $33USD (three times the price). why would anyone buy Viofo brand? for$33. you can get a 128gb (four times the memory) Samsung EVO Select. they work fine with A129 and Gopro's. Viofo should put time into putting up the A129 CPL Filter for sale not over priced sd cards

Viofo’s card is MLC if I recall correctly. So it’s more like the endurance card. In that context, it’s fairly competitively priced.

Just checked. And yes it is MLC. And the 64g is $33. Not the 32g which is $20. Seems fair to me.

but still, the Samsung EVO works fine for much less then the MLC type so why pay the extra money? plus viofo only make 64gb.max. they should make high capacity 128's and 256's for the A129 two channel for longer time between over-writings.. stilll the Samsung EVO select 256 in my GoPro has lasted 3 years so far in heat water on the hot race tracks etc and it works fine no reason for MLC. its an over kill its like driving with an extra few dash cams ..its good but its overkill.

Time will tell. It’s really a matter of how often the cell gets overwritten and the life of the cell. I agree that so far the Evo cards seem to be doing well. And a larger capacity card will see each cell being overwritten less. There are good reasons to use either one. It’s always a trade off, like so many things.

but still, the Samsung EVO works fine for much less then the MLC type so why pay the extra money? plus viofo only make 64gb.max. they should make high capacity 128's and 256's for the A129 two channel for longer time between over-writings.. stilll the Samsung EVO select 256 in my GoPro has lasted 3 years so far in heat water on the hot race tracks etc and it works fine no reason for MLC. its an over kill its like driving with an extra few dash cams ..its good but its overkill.
I don't think Viofo "make microSDXC cards" itself, but you always can get Transcend 128gb MLC from Amazon or get a 256gb cheaper one, it might even work, not sure for how many hours. :)

Back