Does thinkware f100 have parking mode?

FatStrawPDX

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've spent 4 hours trying to hardwire and double checking my fuse taps but I just can't get the f100 to work in parking mode. The continue recording is working fine. Just to double check, the red wire from the thinkware hardwire kit goes into the accessory fuse tap right?

Things I've tried/checked:

- Tried using two different constant fuse locations as well as 3 different ACC fuse locations.
- Swapped the ACC and Constant power source locations in the fuse taps.
- Recrimped new fuse tapes.
- Tried different thinkware hardwire kit.
- Used the new Cellink Neo and plugged it into the F100.

Did all of this and still don't get parking recording on the Thinkware F100.
Parking recording is currently working on my Thinkware F800 Pro and F770.

Conclusion: Thinkware F100 does not have parking mode or I got a defective unit from DashCamBros.

Help me guys!

Is parking mode enabled in the settings. It does have it (motion detection & shock). We have NEVER had a fault with a unit that just stops parking mode recording so i strongly suspect it isn't enable in the settings or the permanent power supply is going to sleep shortly after turning off the car.

I didn't think the f100 could be access with the thinkware phone app via wifi. How do I access the settings?

I didn't think the f100 could be access with the thinkware phone app via wifi. How do I access the settings?
You need to put the memory card into a PC and on the memory card you should find a settings.exe file give that a click and you can adjust most things!

You need to put the memory card into a PC and on the memory card you should find a settings.exe file give that a click and you can adjust most things!
Thanks! I will try this later today after work.

I should have read the Thinkware instructions :(

Hi @FatStrawPDX You are correct that the F100 does not have WiFi Access, so you must plug the SD card into the computer and enable with the viewer like @Maddog1974 mentioned. You can download the manual and viewer here - http://www.thinkware.com/Support/Download#1. Reading the instructions definitely helps as it details every little operation of the camera, and page 28 tells you how to enable parking mode.

For the hardwire kit, red goes to switch and yellow goes to constant, so you do have it set up right.

Turn on the parking mode in the settings and that should fix the issue. If it does not, reach out to us via email or call and we can help troubleshoot further. In the event a unit is defective, we always back up what we sell and will replace the unit, so don't worry about that.

Also, if you are working on the car for a while installing the camera, when you are done installing, there's a good chance your car battery level is low, so your camera might be set up right/hardwired right, but the battery cut off voltage feature is kicking in. After you're done installing, let the car run for a bit or go for a short drive before testing the parking mode.

Thanks for all of your help guys! I got the parking mode to work. The F100 is not too shabby.

It would be nice if Thinkware sold different mounts that could rotate side to side instead of just up or down so I can have it positioned better for my side windows.

I'm still in the market for a longer cable to connect the F100 Infrared Rear to the front camera.

Back