Does your DVR207 Battery Seem Loose?

RSole

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My DVR207 sometimes does not respond when first powered up. The screen is blank, but is a gray shade, so it's powered up. Only removing the battery and re-inserting it will clear the problem and allow the cam to boot and function.

The battery drops in easily with only gravity needed to seat it. It seems as if there is not much pressure, if any, placed against the springy contacts and I wonder if the electrical contact is intermittent. Has anyone else had the same problem and/or noticed the loosely seated battery? It the problem persists I will glue a shim inside the battery compartment to increase battery contact pressure.

No problem as you describe with my 207. I haven't looked at the contacts, but you might be able to pull them out a bit more with something small.

Horsepow3r said:
No problem as you describe with my 207. I haven't looked at the contacts, but you might be able to pull them out a bit more with something small.

Yah, good idea. I have a set ot dental picks for that. I may be wrong in that the contact is okay.

on my 027 lately as soon as i pulled the plug out it would turn off, and i thought maybe the battery was worn out, but then noticed your post.
So i checked mine and my battery was loose under the cover. So it was only being powered by the lighter plug, but still booted up with no issue.
I don't know why a 207 would be different and not function at all as long as it had power. if the contacts were bent wouldn't it just not catch and run off the plug?

Back