Doesn't power on when mounted in car

Arthur

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Mini 0801, 0803, 0806, 0906
My Mini 0906, with factory firmware 270724 V2, doesn't power on automatically when the ignition switches on. Hardwire kit is correctly wired to ignition to power on/off - and it powers on/off correctly with my previous 0806. I'm using the GPS mount for 0906 as shipped in the box.

I have to manually power-on the 0906 by pressing the power button on the side, and then all works fine, so it is getting power when the ignition is on. It also powers off correctly when the ignition is turned off.

Any ideas?

PS. Tried to download the latest firmware (29 Aug 2017) from www.mini0906.com, but the file does not exist.

Edit: Going straight to the directory at http://mini0906.com/firmware/ allows firmware download.

Last edited:
Have you tried powering the camera using the micro USB port beside the rear camera port ? just to see if it would auto power up and start to record that way.

I cant recall if there is anything in the settings, and sadly my test sample died on me so i cant look

Have you tried the little reset button ?
And what about resetting camera to default settings in the menu ??

Hi Arthur,
may I know which hardwire kit you are using? a image or a purchase link will be fine.
or maybe you can try to use the attached cigar charger to power the camera for a test? (the cigar charger attached in packaging box is high quality non-interfering 2A supply.)

please be noticed the 0906 requires 700mA current when power on, you must use a un-interpolated 1.5A power supply to make sure the camera works stable.

regards,
Rayman

Hi
I have just hardwired the Mini 0906 system to my car I purchased the system from iSPECLE including their hardwire kit. Before I fitted the system I tested that all was OK by first connecting up using the standard 12 volt plug, no problems found, after hardwiring still OK and all works fine. I agree with others who advised you to try resetting and updating the software. It may also be worth checking that the hardwire kit is also suitable as these can also be improved or copied by cowboys. Before you get carried away reset the system back to factory default then download the latest software for this I suggest you contact the customer service dept. for best advice on how to do this correctly. I have found in the past that people are far to keen to play with the system straight away if you carefully set up the system using the default settings, and correct positioning of the cameras the only thing left is to format the SD card and check the focus is correct. This will save a lot of heartache and headache.

Back