torrent1501

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi guys,

I'm new on the forum. I am the proud (not that proud actually) owner of an Aukey DR02D (front and back) dahscam aswell as the hardwire kit with motion sensor. And I hit my first problem with it :/
It does not work like motion sensor :( It records everything on a 24/7 basis. I live in a capital but there are not movement every 5-10 minutes. I contacted their support service, but I wanted to know if any of you owns this kit with the hardwire kit too and what is your experience with it?

DR02D and Hardwire Kit

Thank you guys.

Best regards.

Yeah I own it and it does that sometimes, but not all the time. Sometimes it doesn't turn on when I walk from the side to my driver door. I have motion detector turned on.

Hi @RadioactiveSpiderman,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed it gets really hot sometimes. I wonder if leaving the screen turned on gets it hot. Hence the heat in the car and its own heat maybe why it sometimes doesn't turn on. But the 24/7 recording is really annoying because if you want to get the footage from more than 24h it's lost.

@RadioactiveSpiderman, with your motion detector, does it record 24/7?

Thanks.

I can't respond on this cam specifically, but with many dashcams, 'motion detect' doesn't work well or doesn't work at all :eek: With the better cams where it does work, there's often variability in individual cams regards their sensitivity. Always begin with double-checking the settings in the menu, both for activation and sensitivity. Other than the menu settings there's no at-home fix for this, and a return under warranty might not get you a better one but it can be worth trying ;)

For cams that seem to be too sensitive (always recording) there is sometimes a blinking light from a car's security system causing the activation (this may be reflected off the car's glass and not directly in the cam view). Sometimes passing clouds or rapid temperature changes will do it. Look for those things in your car and in the recordings. For cams not sensitive enough (not recording) test by walking across the cam view both slowly and at a normal pace.

@torrent1501 Leaving the screen on with any dashcam will both use more power and create extra heat in the cam, so it's best to utilize the screen-saver and turn the screen off ASAP after the cam boots up.

Phil

I can't respond on this cam specifically, but with many dashcams, 'motion detect' doesn't work well or doesn't work at all :eek: With the better cams where it does work, there's often variability in individual cams regards their sensitivity. Always begin with double-checking the settings in the menu, both for activation and sensitivity. Other than the menu settings there's no at-home fix for this, and a return under warranty might not get you a better one but it can be worth trying ;)

For cams that seem to be too sensitive (always recording) there is sometimes a blinking light from a car's security system causing the activation (this may be reflected off the car's glass and not directly in the cam view). Sometimes passing clouds or rapid temperature changes will do it. Look for those things in your car and in the recordings. For cams not sensitive enough (not recording) test by walking across the cam view both slowly and at a normal pace.

@torrent1501 Leaving the screen on with any dashcam will both use more power and create extra heat in the cam, so it's best to utilize the screen-saver and turn the screen off ASAP after the cam boots up.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your useful reply :)

I think, I'm gonna do some tests to see what is going. Sensitivity is on medium for now but it seems that it just wants to record 24/7.

Test it with no sensitivity, see if it records all night. -> raise sensitivity everyday to see if it records all night.

And as you said Phil, I'll check to see if there is a blinking light from the car's security system. And turn off the screen, maybe the fact that it is on everyday, makes it records 24/7 because the screen never turns off.

Thanks again Phil.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Aukey 2