DR590W-2CH - Rear Camera Connection Issue

Nosnevets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a DR590W-2CH for my dad earlier, having had experience fitting DR650S-2CH cameras to my own car last year.

Install was pretty straightforward, tested everything out of the box and both front and rear cameras worked before routing the cable. Then, once I'd routed the cable from the rear camera and plugged it in, I could no longer connect to it via the app and now get an error message saying "please check the connection status of the selected camera" whenever I try to click on it.

Tried troubleshooting by checking the cable and connections which all seem fine. The LED on the rear camera is still coming on indicating it's getting power. Then tried updating the firmware, restarting the camera and formatting the SD card but all to no avail.

Had a look online but most suggestions seem to relate to issues with the cable, which doesn't seem to be applicable as the rear camera is powering up and all the connections look OK.

Was hoping someone on here might have other ideas of how to resolve the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back