DR650 2CH w/ custom firmware vs Thinkware F750 2CH POLL

Blackvue DR650 2CH w/ Custom Firmware or Thinkware F750 2CH?

• Total voters

Adplaya

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I am in the market for a dashcam, and CANNOT for the life of me make a choice between these two. I know all the specs ect, and I know the Thinkware has less of a following, but offers FULL HD in both the front and rear, however.... The Blackvue offers a custom firmware option to increase bitrate, and thus video quality.

I love how the Blackvue is simple and not overly done, like some of the Thinkware features, but video quality is KING.

Which do you think is better??

There is so much talk about this phantom custom firmware available for the DR650. It.. was the tinkering of some folks that have long ago abandoned it. It.. does not exist for the current versions of the DR650. That research you are doing on the Blackvue vs the Thinkware is seriously dated on at least one side.

There is so much talk about this phantom custom firmware available for the DR650. It.. was the tinkering of some folks that have long ago abandoned it. It.. does not exist for the current versions of the DR650. That research you are doing on the Blackvue vs the Thinkware is seriously dated on at least one side.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blackvue-dr650gw-2ch-_-custom-firmware.9423/page-7

Seems it wasn't that long ago, and people are still running the custom firmware, but guess its doesn't work with the new model out of the box...

Which brings up the point though.... why are people still using the blackvue if it has inferior video quality? Because it is the most polished of the bunch?

Which brings up the point though.... why are people still using the blackvue if it has inferior video quality?
Form factor... and, because of a past reputation. Sadly they have ignored the improvements requested by users and insist on pushing features no one really wants.. as in the "cloud".. which is where "I" think their brains are.

Form factor... and, because of a past reputation. Sadly they have ignored the improvements requested by users and insist on pushing features no one really wants.. as in the "cloud".. which is where "I" think their brains are.

they're not all that popular in Korea, they got into international markets before a lot of other brands so had a headstart in the market I guess and have done better in western markets than some of their Korean competitors have, their designs are better for western consumers than a lot of the bigger players as well which helps

Im also in the market my self. Im interested in a dual channel setup. The thinkware f750 looks like a solid product. Both front and rear-view is 1080p If you have the patients. I would wait for the 770.. at least its black. Hopefully the new one will support more MicroSD cards

Im also in the market my self. Im interested in a dual channel setup. The thinkware f750 looks like a solid product. Both front and rear-view is 1080p If you have the patients. I would wait for the 770.. at least its black. Hopefully the new one will support more MicroSD cards

That's my thinking.... I've looked long and hard at both the DR650 and the F750, but my current thought is to wait just a little longer and grab the F770 which should be out soon (I hope!).

That's my thinking.... I've looked long and hard at both the DR650 and the F750, but my current thought is to wait just a little longer and grab the F770 which should be out soon (I hope!).
I would wait until the 770 arrives to see what the difference between the two cameras are. I went and pulled the trigger on a DR650 a few days ago and I'm overall very happy with it. Video quality is above decent and in a few days, Blackvue will release an update to increase the bitrate on the 650's a bit. They seem pretty reliable as well.

We've had the F770 (pre-production model) for a few weeks now.
Performance is very similar to the F750, although parking mode video especially if you leave your car outside at night will be better thanks to the super night vision mode.
Regular footage will be more or less the same as F750.
The GPS speed stamp is a very welcome addition and obviously the new design.
As with the F750, the rear camera is A LOT nicer than Blackvue's, if you have a tinted rear window I would definitely go Thinkware.

SD card support will be the same, frankly I like this feature as it rejects incompatible cards rather than being confused into thinking they work.
We've seen this issue with Blackvue and other cameras where the camera thinks it's recording but when you take the card out the files aren't there or are corrupt.
Go with a Lexar or Samsung (genuine obviously) and you should be good to go.

We've had the F770 (pre-production model) for a few weeks now.
Performance is very similar to the F750, although parking mode video especially if you leave your car outside at night will be better thanks to the super night vision mode.
Regular footage will be more or less the same as F750.
The GPS speed stamp is a very welcome addition and obviously the new design.
As with the F750, the rear camera is A LOT nicer than Blackvue's, if you have a tinted rear window I would definitely go Thinkware.

SD card support will be the same, frankly I like this feature as it rejects incompatible cards rather than being confused into thinking they work.
We've seen this issue with Blackvue and other cameras where the camera thinks it's recording but when you take the card out the files aren't there or are corrupt.
Go with a Lexar or Samsung (genuine obviously) and you should be good to go.
Perfect! I actually went with the F750 2CH and have it hardwired in my Audi SQ5. It does great, except the random memory card error occasionally.

Back