DR650GW-2CH

I have changed the third set today. So far so good. I have yet view the quality yet as my air con die on me which is the first priority matter to settle. So far my rear did not have anymore purplish image and the video quality looks ok on my iPhone 5 as I can roughly see the car license plate. Need to full view on PC to confirm.

I have yet try my new Transcend 64 gb card as I know there is a compatibility issue on my Samsung EVO 64gb.

I had a cable issue too. I thought it was one of the cameras but when I sent it to warranty they determined the cameras were working but it must be the cable to the rear camera. I have researched this issue and found several other owners with a no picture from the rear camera issue and they too found the cause to be BENT PIN. The common problem is the small gold pin that plugs into the front camera. Several people said the pin came damaged and others that it is easily damaged by putting in and taking it out. My rear camera never worked. Warranty is sending me a new cable. THE LESSON LEARNED IS: be very careful putting the coaxial cable in and out of the front camera. Blackvue should give more warning on this potential problem. SUGGESTION FOR BLACKVUE: this type of cable with the pin inside has been used by American cable vision providers for years with no problem. You need a connection that is not easily bent. QUESTION: has anyone found a better cable on the market that will work with these cameras?

I had a cable issue too. I thought it was one of the cameras but when I sent it to warranty they determined the cameras were working but it must be the cable to the rear camera. I have researched this issue and found several other owners with a no picture from the rear camera issue and they too found the cause to be BENT PIN. The common problem is the small gold pin that plugs into the front camera. Several people said the pin came damaged and others that it is easily damaged by putting in and taking it out. My rear camera never worked. Warranty is sending me a new cable. THE LESSON LEARNED IS: be very careful putting the coaxial cable in and out of the front camera. Blackvue should give more warning on this potential problem. SUGGESTION FOR BLACKVUE: this type of cable with the pin inside has been used by American cable vision providers for years with no problem. You need a connection that is not easily bent. QUESTION: has anyone found a better cable on the market that will work with these cameras?

Hello,

We will put this idea forward to Pittasoft Korea regarding the warning label for the cable, as I think this would help. However it would need to be easily removed as owners will not want a label hanging from the dash camera.

Thank you,

Well, I really have to hand it to the guys at autoblackbox.com.au. They were able to send out replacements (front and rear cams & coax cable) and it was received extremely quick.

The issue is now fixed.

Not sure at this stage whether it was the coax cable or the 'V In' connector on the front cam, but the new replacements seem to have a better connection. The faulty unit seemed a little wobbly, as in it wiggled a bit.

One very happy BlackVue DR650GW owner!!! :):):)

Thank you for your feedback

The first thing I did with my new SD card before inserting it into the dashcam was format it using the BlackVue software app in Windows, then I inserted it into the Dashcam, held down the Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds and let that format the card again. Haven't had any issues following that method.

For my DR650GW, I'm using Sandisk Ultra Micro SD SDXC UHS-I 64GB Class 10 30MB/s.

This is most the compatible 64GB card with BlackVue products we have found. Good choice.

So I've found the cause of the rear cam losing power. It's the V connector on the front cam. It seems to be loose, therefore losing the connection with the rear cam. I need to send this off for a replacement so hopefully the new one should be fine. But yeah a word of warning be very gentle with the connector!

my cable end was BENT! but it works fine. i had an issue with my first 550 and replacement through hd video depot was not possible, only full refund. so i sent it back for a full refund, amazon paid return shipping. get my new one, and one end has a bent connector. but it sticks in fine. ive unplugged it many times and never had any issues.

still bothers me but i suppose i should be more careful since mine is already bent to begin with.

On another note has anyone tried a 128GB Micro SD? My 64GB card can only hold 12 hours of footage. And it seems to even over the event clips aswell.

Hello, there is somebody who could show an installation of that will be on drugs in his vehicle.

Hello, there is somebody who could show an installation of that will be on drugs in his vehicle.

Perhaps you could explain yourself better because what you have written doesnt make sense.

I am sorry for my English because I am French but it is not obvious for me.
I am going to buy this will be on drugs DR650GW-2CH and I look for a tutorial of nobody which(who) installed(settled) a blackvue in their car.
Here many French begins has to equip itself with this material(equipment) but I do not arrive has to find an assembly(editing) with photos and videos on the installation on the window before and defers thank you very much for your answer

I am going to buy this will be on drugs DR650GW-2CH and I look for a tutorial of nobody which(who) installed(settled) a blackvue in their car.
Here many French begins has to equip itself with this material(equipment) but I do not arrive has to find an assembly(editing) with photos and videos on the installation on the window before and defers thank you very much for your answer
DR650GW-2CH_Manual_FR_WEB_Ver.1.00_140704.pdf

Look on Youtube for a how to as well. Dont understand what drugs has to do with it

No
I was badly understood.
With you of the links YouTube to see the installation of camera.
In France we have a video but I look of other foreign web site (Russian, American) to see the assembly (editing) of the users of camera Blackvue.
How to hide the cable of the back camera....
There is you he internet link with photos of assembly(editing) of this camera in your country.
Here it is top this camera on the French market there is not better or equivalent.
DR650GW-2CH is out of stock on certain site and I commanded (ordered) it and there is 8 in 10 days for the delivery.
I get ready for the installation in my Ford and I am has the search (research) for a link (internet) for reference to see how you installed (settled) your dashcam thank you

I am new to this forum. Where is the link for me to ask questions? I just purchased a Blackvue 650 and do not know how to use it. Need some help. Thanks

choose the section appropriate to your make and model, if you can't find the info already there create a new thread and ask your question

I did download the manual but it does not tell me how to turn on the wifi. Simple stuff that I cannot figure out. Does the camera have to be plugged in? Should not have to be if it works with wifi. Stuff like that is giving me grief

Of course it has to be plugged in and turned on.

Does your phone work if no battery in it. You connect the wifi like anything else to your phone

Have you installed the viewer on your computer and gone through the settings WiFI may not be turned on in them

It tells you how to set up the WIFI on page 40 of the manual and how to connect to a phone on page 24.

The button in the end marked WIFI turns it on on the camera

Back