DR900S-2CH draining batteries

So you use cloud only while the car is home, ok.

And are you testing the runtime by checking the battery via app, checking directly whether the camera is still running or via cloud when it disconnects?
Checking the battery app and checking the camera physically has power. The cloud sometimes disconnects and reconnects when it has power.

Checking the battery app and checking the camera physically has power. The cloud sometimes disconnects and reconnects when it has power.

What are your settings in the app?

Also, where is the battery located/which fuse is tapped?

Maybe a photo of where the front dashcam unit is mounted (affects how hot it gets).

Tbh... there are so many factors that affect battery runtime. I get mixed results in each car, regardless of dashcam model.

I would be surprised if any mid to high end model 2CH dashcam with buffered parking, ran for 24 hours on a single Neo / B124.

Hmm... I should have a spare B124X and DR900S-2CH. Lemme see how long it lasts.

P.s. if I were you, I’d just get an expansion battery unit. You already spent a good amount of money, along with paying a shop to install it. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I get mixed results in each car, regardless of dashcam model.
Don’t you think it’s a bit strange? It should act pretty predictably...

I would be surprised if any mid to high end model 2CH dashcam with buffered parking, ran for 24 hours on a single Neo / B124.
In case of DR900S, about 22hours from 9Ah battery should be possible without issues. So when one turns off some features, 24 hours is not such a big deal.

What are your settings in the app?

Also, where is the battery located/which fuse is tapped?

Maybe a photo of where the front dashcam unit is mounted (affects how hot it gets).

Tbh... there are so many factors that affect battery runtime. I get mixed results in each car, regardless of dashcam model.

Hmm... I should have a spare B124X and DR900S-2CH. Lemme see how long it lasts.

P.s. if I were you, I’d just get an expansion battery unit. You already spent a good amount of money, along with paying a shop to install it. [emoji2371]

In terms of app settings what do you mean?

the front camera is mounted as high up at the top of the windscreen as it can be. temp shouldn’t currently be an issue as we are only just starting to see double figures now.

the runtime shouldn’t differ from vehicle to vehicle if your using a dedicated battery pack should it?

Blackvue uk said they managed to get 25 hours out of the same setup. But I can only get 17 hours out of mine on a good day

I don’t want to get a expansion battery, that’s why I went for the NEO9 for its capacity.

Reactions: RLS
In terms of app settings what do you mean?

the front camera is mounted as high up at the top of the windscreen as it can be. temp shouldn’t currently be an issue as we are only just starting to see double figures now.

the runtime shouldn’t differ from vehicle to vehicle if your using a dedicated battery pack should it?

Blackvue uk said they managed to get 25 hours out of the same setup. But I can only get 17 hours out of mine on a good day

I don’t want to get a expansion battery, that’s why I went for the NEO9 for its capacity.

Apologies for delay; just grabbed the spare battery pack and DR900S from the other car in storage. Charging up the battery now.

As for app settings, I meant the cellink battery companion app.

I had the same thing happen with my Mercedes - installed it and the dash cam would not work for more than a minute while the car was off. The start stop mechanism also stopped working. And within the first 2 months, my secondary battery died completely.

Somehow replacing the auxiliary battery fixed the issue and I have had the camera for well over 1.5 years now. This probably doesn't help at all, but I figured something would help.

Also, I used the magic pro box as well. No battery though.

I have the same problem after upgraded the firmware.
CAM: DR900S-2CH plus Blackvue B-124X
CAR: Range Rover 2019

Back