DR970X Plus Series - Testing/Review - RCG

Still not working for me either
Crazy. Whatever they have done. I’m dealing with 2nd level support. They asked me to check it again but it is still not working. I have advised them of same.

This issue has been reported by others, but I thought would document my best example of this issue:

Parking mode impact event has thumping audio noise and stuttering video.

DR970X BOX-2CH Plus dash camera with firmware v1.002 installed.

Today, I drove the vehicle with the DR970X BOX-2CH Plus installed. It was parked outside of a movie theater for a couple of hours. It was in time-lapse parking mode when my wife and I returned to the vehicle. One of the vehicle’s front doors was opened/closed resulting in an impact event. The thumping/helicopter noise during the first 10+ seconds is much louder than my February 2024 example. After the buffered audio/video section is finished, the remainder of the video has a much softer thumping noise present. In the rear camera video, you can see the vehicles traveling on the freeway on the left side of the video are stuttering for the entire video. The issue with the front camera microphone audio gain level being set far too high [previously reported / discussed issue] causes the audio recorded from inside of the vehicle (me adjusting a center console drink holder) to cover up the softer thumping noise after the initial 10 seconds.

I've sent an email to Pittasoft asking about this issue again. Here's the rear camera impact event video so you can hear the noise and see the stuttering video.

Crazy. Whatever they have done. I’m dealing with 2nd level support. They asked me to check it again but it is still not working. I have advised them of same.
Bono,

I did some testing this morning.

Reinstalled latest firmware. 1.009
Changed all settings
Tried a different SIM card in case the Vodafone one was contributing to the problem

Nothing worked, still cannot playback over the cloud or download. Live view fine.

How are you getting on with support?

Last edited:
Bono,

I did some testing this morning.

Reinstalled latest firmware. 1.009
Changed all settings
Tried a different SIM card in case the Vodafone one was contributing to the problem

Nothing worked, still cannot playback over the cloud or download. Live view fine.

How are you getting on with support?
They (2nd level) have not responded. It will be 2 weeks on Thursday since it worked. It happened a few months ago but was resolved in a few days. This is crazy. It’s a server issue. Report it to support if not done so already: cs@pittasoft.com

They (2nd level) have not responded. It will be 2 weeks on Thursday since it worked. It happened a few months ago but was resolved in a few days. This is crazy. It’s a server issue. Report it to support if not done so already: cs@pittasoft.com
I agree with you. I have raised a ticket too, but no answer yet.

Bono
I have got it working by following

@danlat1415 s instructions:​

copied below:

Remove the camera from Cloud access and delete the camera from your phone app.

Then re-pair as though it's initial setup.

Great you got it working - there is currently a software glitch in the app.
Resetting everything and re-pairing the camera and Cloud should resolve it.

So do you lose all recordings etc on the SD card or just the cloud?

So do you lose all recordings etc on the SD card or just the cloud?
You won't use any on the SD card unless you format the card too.
You shouldn't lose any files in the Cloud, as that's basically a file storage.
You're just removing the camera from Cloud access, removing the camera from your phone app - then repairing it from scratch, and setting up Cloud access again to get it back on.

Ok. So I did that but I also had to reinstall the firmware again. Thanks all.

Thanks @DashCamMan for creating the "DR970X Plus Series" forum on this site!

Pittasoft has shipped two DR970X Plus dash cameras to me. They should be next week. I'm assuming they are the DR970X-2CH Plus and the DR970X-2CH LTE Plus dash cameras. I will compare these newer Sony STARVIS 2 dash cameras with their early models (DR970X-2CH and DR970X-2CH LTE). I'll have to see what data will be embargoed by Pittasoft for these dash cameras.
I already had my issues with Pittasoft concerning my DR770x Box 3 Channel. But now that they waited until after I purchased my Thinkware U3000 to put out their Starvis II's just adds to that. I hope the new Starvis sensors make a big difference. Or maybe not.

You won't use any on the SD card unless you format the card too.
You shouldn't lose any files in the Cloud, as that's basically a file storage.
You're just removing the camera from Cloud access, removing the camera from your phone app - then repairing it from scratch, and setting up Cloud access again to get it back on.
Well, that was short lived as it is gone again

After months of complaining that my DR970X Plus front camera was out of focus (unit #3), Pittasoft finally sent me a replacement dash camera (unit #4). I ran my focus check test and it looks like this DR970X Plus front camera (unit #4) is out of focus as well. The left half of the image is noticeably out of focus. I compared the focus quality of the DR970X Plus front camera with a Vantrue N4 Pro. There are different exposure strategies/settings being used by each dash camera (DR970X Plus is brighter than the N4 Pro). I'm going to install unit #4 in place of unit #3 in my car to gather driving footage. I've sent an email to Pittasoft to see what they think.

Left vs Left / Right vs Right
bv_dr970x_plus_vs_vantrue_n4_pro_left.pngbv_dr970x_plus_vs_vantrue_n4_pro_right.png

This issue has been reported by others, but I thought would document my best example of this issue:

Parking mode impact event has thumping audio noise and stuttering video.

DR970X BOX-2CH Plus dash camera with firmware v1.002 installed.

Today, I drove the vehicle with the DR970X BOX-2CH Plus installed. It was parked outside of a movie theater for a couple of hours. It was in time-lapse parking mode when my wife and I returned to the vehicle. One of the vehicle’s front doors was opened/closed resulting in an impact event. The thumping/helicopter noise during the first 10+ seconds is much louder than my February 2024 example. After the buffered audio/video section is finished, the remainder of the video has a much softer thumping noise present. In the rear camera video, you can see the vehicles traveling on the freeway on the left side of the video are stuttering for the entire video. The issue with the front camera microphone audio gain level being set far too high [previously reported / discussed issue] causes the audio recorded from inside of the vehicle (me adjusting a center console drink holder) to cover up the softer thumping noise after the initial 10 seconds.

I've sent an email to Pittasoft asking about this issue again. Here's the rear camera impact event video so you can hear the noise and see the stuttering video.

Regarding the stuttering video and the helicopter noise in the audio in the impact event video files during time-lapse parking mode, I received a response from Pittasoft stating they believe this to be an issue with the front camera. They're sending a replacement front camera for the DR970X Box to see if it fixes the issue.

Regarding the stuttering video and the helicopter noise in the audio in the impact event video files during time-lapse parking mode, I received a response from Pittasoft stating they believe this to be an issue with the front camera. They're sending a replacement front camera for the DR970X Box to see if it fixes the issue.
Today, I installed replacement front camera and ran a few parking mode impact tests. The first two impact tests, I could not get the DR970X Box Plus to detect the impact in parking mode with all the parking mode event trigger sensitivity levels set to 9. Before test two, I used the BlackVue app to change the first value to 10 and saved it and then changed it back to 9. That test run did not result in an impact being detected. For test three, I powered up the DR970X Box Plus dash camera, waited the 5-minutes for it to go into time-lapse parking mode, waited another few minutes and then opened and then very harshly closed my car’s front driver side door. The impact event was finally detected. The audio/video for the impact event looked good (no helicopter audio noise, no stuttering video). The amount of force required to get the impact event detected during test three was concerning. On Tuesday, I’ll drive that car to the local post office and try more impact event tests.

Yesterday afternoon, I gathered some driving footage from the DR970X Plus front camera (unit #4) to see if the left one-half of the field of view was still out of focus. Unfortunately, it was out of focus. This time I compared it to the DR970X BOX Plus FC2 front camera that I just just installed. The DR970X BOX Plus FC2 front camera footage was in focus across the entire field of view.

I've provided the raw video files and the side-by-side frame grabs (see below) to Pittasoft for review.

The buildings, signage and vehicles on the left one-half of the DR970X Plus footage is definitely blurry compared to the DR970X BOX Plus FC2 footage.

bv_dr970x_plus_vs_dr970x_box_plus_left.pngbv_dr970x_plus_vs_dr970x_box_plus_right.png

Last edited:
I know that a firmware update should not impact the focus quality of the front camera lens, but I updated the DR970X Plus dash camera to firmware v1.003 what was released over the past 24 hours. The same soft focus issue is present on the left one-half of the DR970X Plus front camera's field of view. I used the DR970X BOX Plus FC2 front camera as the comparison "in focus" camera.

bv_dr970x_plus_1.003_focus_check_20240618_left.pngbv_dr970x_plus_1.003_focus_check_20240618_right.png

What's the latest firmware on the B130X? My consumption/time data is jumping around.

I'd be happy if someone can help me how to check the FW version and update it (if there is an update available).

Thanks in advance.

What's the latest firmware on the B130X? My consumption/time data is jumping around.

I'd be happy if someone can help me how to check the FW version and update it (if there is an update available).

Thanks in advance.
I'm not aware of the B-130X having a firmware that can be user updated.

Back