Dreaded Black x's today

Rayny2e

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119S,Version 2
This is the first time i've ever seen this on my A119S. I've had it for months now and using the latest firmware since it was released with no trouble. The Transcend genuine memory card tested good just now. I Just re-flashed the firmware,re-formatted the memory card in the camera and will try it again tomorrow. All my files were good up to August 19th. After that they were all trashed and i had those black x's all along the bottom of my screen.

Are you using the included power supply and cable? Is this on 1.7 or the new Beta?

Are you using the included power supply and cable? Is this on 1.7 or the new Beta?

This is Hard wired since day one,many months ago with the recommended wiring kit. I just now used 1.7 and i think that's what i had before.

I haven't seen the boxes XXXXXX bug since V1.6. According to VIOFO this was taken care of by V1.4 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I hope there's a definitive fix for this soon.

I haven't seen the boxes XXXXXX bug since V1.6. According to VIOFO this was taken care of by V1.4 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I hope there's a definitive fix for this soon.
I had only seen them posted in the forum but I never saw them on my version 2 camera until today. I was very surprised to say the least.

Have you got any text entered in the car no field?

I did have text entered, only 4 characters. I didn't use this feature when i re-flashed now. I will try to test it today and see what will happen.

I did have text entered, only 4 characters. I didn't use this feature when i re-flashed now. I will try to test it today and see what will happen.

if you have this problem best to reflash the firmware and don't use the car no field for the moment, there's a bug in that menu that can cause this under some circumstances, leave it blank and you should be ok

if you have this problem best to reflash the firmware and don't use the car no field for the moment, there's a bug in that menu that can cause this under some circumstances, leave it blank and you should be ok

Are you certain that the bug is related to the car no. field? The couple of times I experienced the error, car no. field was blank.

Are you certain that the bug is related to the car no. field? The couple of times I experienced the error, car no. field was blank.

it does relate to that but may be some particular combination of settings which trips it up, something in the SDK which is still being debugged further at the moment

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rayny2e A119S 12
I A119S 2
USAFSSK A119S 11
Back