Dride 4K

FCC-ID is 2BAWSRDL-NA
Hello,
Thank you for the reply.
The FCC ID you provided can not be found on the FCC registration website.

Here is what Viofo's FCC ID looks like; 2AMBW
You can see all their applications here;

Please double check and provide a valid FCC ID.
Or you can provide your company name as listed on your FCC application.
-Chuck

Last edited:
Hi, The reports are now public:
Thank you for the follow up.
I checked out the documents, and internal & external photos.
It looks impressive.
I like how you designed the hardwire kit for parking mode.
How does the hardwire kit's low voltage protection work?
It is built in to the camera's firmware?
-Chuck

Screenshot 2023-07-21 2.55.24 AM.png

Thanks,
Yes, We've got an MCU inside that measure it once a second. This is also logged and displayed in a nice graph in the app.

I have been googling and searching for 4k connected dashcams. Came across this thread, then read Drides forum. Seems like a lot of complaints. YouTube videos surely don't look like 4k video. How hard is Dride working to get up to the specs on their website? Seems like a lot of newer 4k cams are not rated all that well. This Dride looks good on paper, but wow seems the reality is very different.

Welcome to the forum EarlB.
Yeah dride fumbled on this one i think, so the very long time to get products out the door, well lets just say i test a camera with the same sensor, but its a 2 years old model.

Now there are usually unseen powers in any dashcam modders are able to wrestle out, well so could the maker, but it seem like dride have more pressing things to do on this, and getting the rear camera made and out the door too.
Anyway even with hidden powers deployed, it is not going to match current systems with the latest sensors.

My kickstarter was sent to my address alright, but with my kickstarter UN as name / sir name, and there are no one in Denmark thats actually called kamkar.
So my system got turned around bu postal here, even if i did manage to pay tax ASO on it, money i am still not refunded even if i asked for that on the 24 of last month.

Thx Kamkar. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've always only used cheap dashcams, but have been looking around to step up to something better. Figured 4k and remote connection and maybe cloud upload was the way to go. Seems a lot of "higher end" dashcams have their share of bad reviews, so at least in my early on searches nothing stands out. Dride looked good as well as Nexar One, but alas lots of issues with both. I'll keep browsing around the forum to see if something peaks my interest.

Higher resolution are sort of a must in the US, due to your smaller plates on cars, even more compounded in the states with just 1 plate.
We EURO boys are fortunate here with larger plates and 2 of them, and no silly background graphics allowed.

I got on board with the dride as a cheaper way to get to sample a smart camera, now i am not so sure i will get the full deal, as dride seem to work hard on being different, even if i am not so sure the smart part are different.

They also use linux and linux FAT on the memory card, so you cant just pull the memory card and put it in a computer CUZ PC can not read that FAT format, so you need a additional program to be able to do that.
Now you can of course transfer to phone and via that to PC, but i am a avid phone hater, so i prefer to not touch that too much, my average daily screen time are just 5 - 10 minutes and i might get / make a call / TXT every 3 - 4 days

More brands are coming into the smart dashcam realm, but right now there is almost just Blackvue and Thinkware.

The use of the ext4 file system on the SD card is indeed impractical, but it has the advantage that it provides a significant speed advantage for linux systems (like dride).
However, there is a driver that you install once, and then you can read the ext4 cards just like a "regular" SD card. (For example: "Linux File Systems for Windows" by Paragon)
I haven't been able to test whether it works specifically with the dride card yet, as I'm currently using the dride without an SD card, only with the internal storage.

That does seem very odd to use a Linux format on the SD card. Most people are not savy enough to play around with something like that. Seems to be not user friendly. I'll keep my eye on the progress, maybe they will work it all out and make it worth considering down the road at some point.

I'm horribly disappointed in the Dride 4K dashcam. So many issues that they claimed were being worked on and fixed during the manufacturing delay are still present in the final product.

I wrote up a review here: https://www.techlifeetc.com/post/dride-4k-dashcam-review-a-series-of-broken-promises that breaks them all down. And for Yossi and Dride to continue to stay silent on the issues and keep saying "a fix is coming" is not the right approach. Many, many of the backers feel cheated and scammed, including me.

Article is spot on. At least comments won't get deleted here as they do on Drides "forum".
Kickstarter is actively investigating. In addition to reporting them, I'd email as well
Also may come to something, maybe not, but fill out a report at econsumer.gov.

Time to browse now for a real dashcam and sadly cut my expensive losses. I backed 4 of these heaps of garbage.

As i mentioned in Dride’s forum
This thing is useless
I complained to Indiegogo as well..
This camera going nowhere in terms of quality and stability

Wow I saw the email about the notification to this thread, and for a split second thought it was Dride's "forum" and thought wow they are actually doing something! How wrong I was, not surprised!

We've just release a major update to video quality, I would like to hear your opinion on it.

Dride 4K screengrab first pic, with new firmware. Vantrue S1 Pro 2k screengrab 2nd pic. There is an obvious winner even though neither plate is perfectly clear.

d4k130.png

vantrue 2k.png

L
Dride 4K screengrab first pic, with new firmware. Vantrue S1 Pro 2k screengrab 2nd pic. There is an obvious winner even though neither plate is perfectly clear.

View attachment 67854

View attachment 67855
Lol I think Dride will never be able to fix these issues. Burned their bridges with pretty much their entire customer base.

I pretty much agree. I'm trying to hold out a sliver of hope as I am in for 4 of them already. Dropped big bucks. Not like I am gonna be able to sell them with all the reviews out there.

Back