Dride 4K

I pretty much agree. I'm trying to hold out a sliver of hope as I am in for 4 of them already. Dropped big bucks. Not like I am gonna be able to sell them with all the reviews out there.
You might find someone foolish enough that hasn't checked reviews, on somewhere like Gumtree of Facebook Marketplace. Good luck I hope you get money back

hehe yeah you are in deep Ray.
And as you say selling them, well that will be hard when there are at least image-wise better alternatives out there, and a lot cheaper too if we stick to the old hardware.
And bringing more current hardware dont make things better as its not like a lot more expensive than the dride.

TBH even if they get the system to play ball well, when the other brands are storming ahead with newer hardware, and the smarts the dride have, you will also soon find in more and more cameras.
So, i think they will find it very hard to sell their product im afraid, even if it had been as good as it could even be from day #1

I must say a few days ago compiling a compare video to my Vantrue, i found a place where the Vantrue did not make a single plate, actually i couldent even read a single number on the plates due to the setting sun behind me.
That did surprise the hell out of me, i was like WTH am i looking at the dride, but the vbantrue stamp and all the other stuff was right there in the footage.
Now that is probably the same with any camera, and chance would just have it that i have never looked at footage from a similar situation, so going down that hill i had to wait until the very last 2-3 cars in the dride footage to do my freeze frame and zoom on plates.

It’s kinda hard to trust Dride “again” after this whole journey.
Every “idea” implemented on this camera is just weird.
For example: The 4g implementation - which needs sms for waking up the cam each time. The linux sd card file system - who wants to sit in the car and search for a video footage if needed and not at home connected to a pc ?
not doing watermark as main first feature, Even the usb cable design and power is bad ! You cannot use it without hardwiring it to the car, and the original cable is pretty much failing / breaking for most of the users. ( had to change mine already )
Dride camera has such a bad design all over software wise! Dashcams should be “simple” and rock solid. This thing is just not there..
Started as a good idea which made all of us enthusiastic to jump on board. But that was long time ago hardware wise.

It’s kinda hard to trust Dride “again” after this whole journey.
Every “idea” implemented on this camera is just weird.
For example: The 4g implementation - which needs sms for waking up the cam each time. The linux sd card file system - who wants to sit in the car and search for a video footage if needed and not at home connected to a pc ?
not doing watermark as main first feature, Even the usb cable design and power is bad ! You cannot use it without hardwiring it to the car, and the original cable is pretty much failing / breaking for most of the users. ( had to change mine already )
Dride camera has such a bad design all over software wise! Dashcams should be “simple” and rock solid. This thing is just not there..
Started as a good idea which made all of us enthusiastic to jump on board. But that was long time ago hardware wise.
Symphony of missteps and errors, sorry to hear you're also going thru this whole debacle. My concern is that they're going to run away with a ton of cash.

Well they already got the cash, and no one got rear cameras either. They'd need to really do something amazing to even remotely gain any trust.

Well they already got the cash, and no one got rear cameras either. They'd need to really do something amazing to even remotely gain any trust.
That's the crappy thing about Kickstarter and Indiegogo etc. I too myself have been thru dud projects, so never again for me. Last one I had was a fast GaN charger that was plagued by delays, that ended up shipping a year and a half after its promised date.

At the time it was pretty much the first 100W charger to market, by the time it reached the market, a bunch of brands had already come out with 100W chargers so I just sold it online locally on Facebook marketplace to some poor sod.

Wow sounds just like this project! This killed KS for me too, never again. The fact their is no true accountability from KS or the ones running the campaign is a problem.

Wow sounds just like this project! This killed KS for me too, never again. The fact their is no true accountability from KS or the ones running the campaign is a problem.
I guess at least with mine it actually worked as advertised, the only issue was that it was plagued by components and shipping delays. The Dride seemed broken out of the box, and that they don't have the resources or the know-how to fix it. Not sure why they bother floating around these forums either.

Agreed that's a big issue with Kickstarter, that they have the legalese speak to wipe their hands clean when it comes to scenarios like this :@

no true accountability
Yeah that si bad, the project i lost out on, well in February it was " mass production " and then nothing since then, worst part the things are still up for you to spend money on both on KS and Pledgebox, and i would not be surprised if it was other places too

In my simple book of life, that make KS and other part player to fraud, or just outright theft.

Now if i was running something like KS, there would be differences.

1: The one seeking funding must post regularly, i would even say weekly
2: The moment updates stop, "my" company would contact them, and if no RPLY or not making sense RPLY, assets would immediately be frozen and a refund scheme would automatic kick in.
People that fund projects do not have to jump a single hoop to get a refund.

TBH i think KS and others make more money on projects failing that the ones that actually come to fruition, CUZ i suspect many people just write off the money, and so KS and others can just pocket them 100 %

Back