Driving without a dashcam - Aaargh!

Then maybe as with a Car ... have the Cams on front and rear frame of the motorcycle connected to something similar to a black box to securely store the footage, which also contains a power source that could be topped up by the wheels in motion perhaps?

IF the bike has a 12volt system , and a battery ?
Just piggy back power from a 12 volt source VIA A hardwire kit .

still hasn't happened?
It was advertised to be released on July of this year but on their site it's still in pre-order, although also on sale. Go figure. :confused:

Last edited:
IF the bike has a 12volt system , and a battery ?
Just piggy back power from a 12 volt source VIA A hardwire kit .
All bikes run on 12V but have you thought how impractical would it be for the rider to have a cable connected from the helmet to the bike while riding? Of course one can use a power pack but nonetheless there would always be a cable hindering one's movements. o_O

Last edited:
It was advertised to be released on July of this year but on their site it's still in pre-order, although also on sale. Go figure. :confused:

funds raised in 2015 and still hasn't happened, you'd be pretty pissed if you put money into this

A friend had a intercom on his bike .. Would not be much different ..
Use a audio style jack for the power and its plug and go . I guess it would depend some what on how much one squirms about on the bike .
If your doing the boy racer thing , yeah the cable might be in the way . But if you ride normally ( not boy racer ) I dont see a problem .
Also easy enough to mount a cam on the bike rather then the helmet .

funds raised in 2015 and still hasn't happened, you'd be pretty pissed if you put money into this

Took the money and run?!

A friend had a intercom on his bike .. Would not be much different ..
Use a audio style jack for the power and its plug and go . I guess it would depend some what on how much one squirms about on the bike .
If your doing the boy racer thing , yeah the cable might be in the way . But if you ride normally ( not boy racer ) I dont see a problem .
Also easy enough to mount a cam on the bike rather then the helmet .
Intercoms are for "couches with 2 wheels" or for bikes that have a pillion. Mine is neither one nor has the other. I don't race on the roads but it's almost impossible not to move about on a superbike, and also being able to move my head freely is a must.
If I wanted the camera mounted on the bike I wouldn't have any of the "if's and but's" I listed above but it's a rather limited solution: the point of view isn't great and in my bike it's difficult to find a place behind the screen that doesn't have something partially obstructing the field of view. Plus there's the security issue: I'd have to remove the camera everytime I left the bike unnatended and that would be a PITA.

Last edited:
Lets see .. If mem serves my friend ran his cable through his jacket , and it exited obviously at the bottom of the jacket and there was some slack which went under his leg and connected in somewhere near the side cover on the bike out of the way . The bike was a CB1100 (F perhaps ) .. The location of the plug allowed for him to slide about but not to the extent of dragging his steel capped knee pad on the ground . ( That boy racer thing ) ..

If I wanted the camera mounted on the bike I wouldn't have any of the "if's and but's" I listed above but it's a rather limited solution: the point of view isn't great and in my bike it's difficult to find a place behind the screen that doesn't have something partially obstructing the field of view. Plus there's the security issue: I'd have to remove the camera everytime I left the bike unnatended and that would be a PITA.

I'd want camera and power supply an all in the helmet - rather than a wire that I know would keep getting ripped out when I get off. Remembering 9x out of 10 just doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.
Yes ... to have clear FOV ... it would probably need to be say, under the headlight ... but then, it would need to be in something like a welded metal box attached to the frame so that you could leave it there without it getting nicked. I've given up removing my Cams out of view each time I'm out and about.

I suppose if it was an easy solution ... it would've been done already :D

Last edited:
happens a lot with crowdfunding

I never knew! People can be so blatent!! is there any protection from the crowdfunding sites?

is there any protection from the crowdfunding sites?

a little but not really, with Kickstarter if they don't make the target they get nothing, with Indiegogo they get whatever is pledged regardless if they make the target or not (Indiegogo takes a larger percentage of the funds raised than Kickstarter does), that aside though it's all risk, they can still take whatever funding they get and deliver nothing and nothing those that buy into it can do about it, there's a lot of suspect projects go up on these sites everyday, there are some quite legitimate ones also, as to which is which is not something that is easy to tell, if at all, quite a lot of these projects are bigger on marketing than they are on actual product specifics

so basically people need to go in eyes wide open, and understand that they're not investing, but donating..?

so basically people need to go in eyes wide open, and understand that they're not investing, but donating..?

absolutely

I participated in one previously, only reason is I had someone that wanted a camera product they wanted developed and they were convinced that Kickstarter could help them fund their idea so I signed up and spent $25 on a project that looked interesting just to see how it all went thinking if I lost the $25 it was no big deal, I was really just spending the $25 to learn what it was all about, end result was it did deliver, it was about 8 months late due to various fumbling along the way and there was a Chinese version of the same product released a few months before they shipped their first piece that was selling in the market for $4

Not necessarily donating (unless it's a total scam), but all investing entails some degree of risk and usually the greater the risk the greater the potential return.

... and there was a Chinese version of the same product released a few months before they shipped their first piece that was selling in the market for $4

Reminds me of the time way back during the Arab oil embargo (for those of you old enough to remember that - if not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis ) when I invested a fairly significant amount into alternative energy a short time before the embargo ended. :(

Back