DVR-207GS known working SD cards

anasazi

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got my DVR-207GS and it appears to be genuine. Quality is that of a cheap Chinese camera, pretty much what I had expected. We'll see how long it'll last in the Florida heat however...

So I set it up as per the FAQ and it still appears to have a hiccup about once a second or so where it'll skip a few frames. The video just isn't smooth. The only SD card that I have is an 8gb Class 4, so significantly slower than the Class 10 that is recommended. I figure the skipping may well be slow SD card related.

What SD cards are you guys using that seem to work just fine?

I use a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB (class 10) and have not had issues with it. Make sure to format it as per the instructions in the FAQ.

this model does drop a few seconds at the recycle split point, is that what you mean or it's dropping frames randomly?

this model does drop a few seconds at the recycle split point, is that what you mean or it's dropping frames randomly?
Nope def not random. It'll drop and skip like once a second, or maybe twice a second. Not random at all, very consistent.

Nope def not random. It'll drop and skip like once a second, or maybe twice a second. Not random at all, very consistent.

ok that's random, at split point is a fixed time when it drops them

are you copying the files to your PC to view, which program are you using to view the files?

ok that's random, at split point is a fixed time when it drops them

are you copying the files to your PC to view, which program are you using to view the files?
yep copied them to the HD and used the latest VLC

uploading a copy to youtube:

like twice a second it'll skip.

edit:
so that is weird. it doesn't seem to be doing it on youtube? so maybe it is just on my computer here...

edit2: the skips are still in the youtube video but they're almost gone. basically non existent. nothing anyone would notice if you weren't looking for them... so I suppose I'll keep the current class 4 card then.

Last edited:
try Media Player Classic or similar and see how it goes, I have heard of this problem with VLC before, ordinarily a great player but there are some files it trips up on

if it's fine on YouTube would indicate that the source file is ok and it's something else at play, try another playback software is a good starting point, another PC is next, upload a raw file somewhere if you want someone else to try it and see how it goes for them

as an experiment I converted the .avi to a .wmv and it plays perfectly in VLC.

so apparently I've got a problem with VLC and not the camera/card.

Back