DVR-207GS wont switch on

dunc85

Reaction score
I've had my 207GS for a few weeks and it has been fine. This morning I noticed I didn't get the shutdown chime (I didn't notice if I got the startup one). When I checked, I couldn't get the cam to switch on, either automatically with the ignition, or by pressing the power button.

I will try what's suggested in the FAQ (remove battery, etc), but has anyone else experienced this?

I have a regular 207 (not GS) and it started doing the same thing. It worked fine for a few weeks, then one day it just quit during record (went black screen), and the only way to get it going was to remove and replace the battery. However, it still wouldn't record, either on battery or car charger. In my case the solution was to reformat the 32gB SD card. I plugged the unit into my desktop PC using the USB cable, and had the PC reformat the card while it was in the 207. BTW, the card I have is a Transcend SDHC class 10, which I bought with the 207, and I did not format it before I first used it in the 207. Since doing the reformat the 207 has been working fine. It starts up when car charger turns on, shuts off when car ignition is turned off. Also records properly on just battery. In thinking about the problem, it may have been caused by me not "ejecting" the unit from Microsoft Explorer before pulling the USB cable. I now have the 207 back in regular service, and will post again if it hangs again. Just FYI my other settings are 5 minute record time, no IR lights, and software version v1207310. Oh, it's also the "genuine" unit and not a clone.

Thanks, what you've said correlates with my situation.

I took out and reinserted the battery and the cam started working. I haven't formatted the SD card as it seemed to work straight away, but I think I'll have to if this happens again.

Back