DVR027, DVR207, DVR207GS, which to choose?

dvs

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm buying my first DVR and I'm a bit lost here.. What do you recommend to choose 027, 207 or 207GS? The last one seems to have a newer firmware which might mean better reliability, but it can also have unknown bugs. So what do you guys would recommend?

Thank you!

I like my DVR207. I wouldn't go with the older DVR027. It has a multi-second gaps when recording. I'm not familiar with the newer DVR270GS, but if you can get it for a good price, then go for it. Make sure it's a genuine cam though, and not a fake.

The DVR027 has been around for years and is likely the most reliable of the 3. It has gaps between files which is the biggest problem. The DVR207 eliminates the gaps and had some early issues when released, but might have been worked out now. The DVR207GS has a g-sensor but there is little real user info on this camera from a reliability / initial glitches perspective.

I've got well over 200 hours on my DVR 207 that I got from estore009. I had to pull the battery one time, but at that time the camera was not filming. I was going through files I had just recorded to see if the camera caught a bright meteorite I had just seen ( no, not the famous Russian meteorite). Only other issue is interference over my FM transmitter. I don't detect any interference over the FM radio.

I had good communication from estoree009 during the purchasing process.

Thank you everyone, I was actually thinking to buy from that same store (estore009), I think I'll stick with 207, since GS does not offer me any important new features. BTW I've heard that since March 16 207 should ship with new chargers, which should eliminate the problem with FM.

I got my camera in the first week of April. It has the new charger. Some users on here still report FM interference problems, even with the new charger. Some people have mitigated it somewhat by using multiple ferrite beads. I have 2 on mine. It does help the problem, but does not eliminate it. Again, this is on my FM transmitter, not the radio.

Horsepow3r said:
I got my camera in the first week of April. It has the new charger. Some users on here still report FM interference problems, even with the new charger. Some people have mitigated it somewhat by using multiple ferrite beads. I have 2 on mine. It does help the problem, but does not eliminate it. Again, this is on my FM transmitter, not the radio.

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the DVR-207GS. The screen contract/detail is much clearer if you check the recommended ebay buyer's comparison (scroll way down) http://r.ebay.com/UNtp0B
The G shock sensor may or may not be useful. It only records 10 minutes instead of 15 minute files but that's good enough for me.

I'm glad I'm reading all the quirks on the forum so I know what to expect thanks.

EDIT: I just saw this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=894

"DVR207 only: My car radio does not work / Radio interference issues occur
It's known that DVR charger may cause radio interference issues, you can try to change the charger to another or ask seller to ship you a better one. The seller has told that units shipping from 16 March 2013 will be packed with new charger, which should fix the problems."

I'm assuming the GS will have this newer charger too

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have the new charger. No FM radio interference, just FM transmitter interference. Others here have that same charger and are getting interference. It's a crap shoot if you'll have that same problem. If this is going to be a potential problem for you, don't buy it...regardless of what estore009 says about the 'new charger'. In my personal vehicle, I never use FM radio so in that case I would tell someone in a similar situation to get this camera if they didn't want to spend more money.

Back