DVR207 FM Interferrence Solution?

iamdrumming said:
kwolf said:
The replacement charger they sent me fixed my FM and GPS interference issue. The original charger also went bad, so I'm glad they sent a replacement and not just a ferrite bead.

So they sent you a new charger cable? I emailed them about the same interference issues, and they said they would send me a new cable, but all I got in the mail today was a RF ferrite clip-on.

Yes, it looks like the "banana" shaped one posted earlier by Ramshackle, but it also has a ferrite core thing near where to plugs into the camera.

Interesting!!

I replaced the battery with Nokia BL 5C and inference is almost gone. :)

I hope Nokia BL 5C battery will not harm the unit. Any clues?

Ramshackle said:
At various stages the seller promised to send me a ferrite clip and even a new SD card.

What have I received so far? Nada.

So, now it's Apr 11. Still nothing? Why would they send you a new SD card? I'd ask for a new car.. :D

Thought I'd give my observations with the newer style cable that was shipped with my new 207. This cable has the ferrite bead. No perceptible interference on FM. However, when using my FM transmitter (radio does not have an AUX port) I do get significant interference when the cable is plugged into the camera. It can be mitigated somewhat by moving the cable around.

Hi guys,

I've been away from the forums for a while as life sort of took over! I've been meaning to look at this problem myself and I see some people are having some success with power cables with ferrite rings. One thing I will add is like what was suggested in a previous post, looping the cable through the ring or snap on core is normally key to getting it to work properly. I will experiment myself as it's causing major problems with radio comms in the car. I have no hope in using any VHF amateur radio repeaters while the camera is running. It's correct that I'm using a custom 5v regulator set-up.

Also, interesting to see there's a new DVR-xx7 model out since I've been away. I'll need to have a read about it.

Re: DVR207 FM Interference Solution?

I got the ferrite beads from estore009 but no improvement on FM. Now they will send me another power cable. Thirty years of driving without dashcam, only one month driving with a dashcam that cannot be used due to interference. So I stay patient. Someday, somehow the DVR will work properly.

I got the new power supply with ferrite bead.
But there still where some interferrence so i placed two more ferrite beads on that seemed to do the trick.
Also noticed that the new power supply cord is ca 5-10 cm shorter than the first one

KvR said:
I got the ferrite beads from estore009 but no improvement on FM. Now they will send me another power cable. Thirty years of driving without dashcam, only one month driving with a dashcam that cannot be used due to interference. So I stay patient, Someday, somehow the DVR will work properly.

Same here. They sent me only one ferrite clip, and it's useless.

I decided to do some experimentation.
Bought some cheap ferrite beads (came in a pack of four) from a local electronic shop.
Fitted one up near the camera end of the plug, made a bit of difference.
So fitted another close the the adaptor, huge difference, all interference gone.
I think I could most likely remove the one near the camera end, but I think i will leave it there now.
A hint for any doing the same, don't forget to loop the lead through the bead.

Here, this is definitely not working. I tuned my car radio to a far away Polish FM station, readable but with noise. With or without two ferrite beads, as soon as I connect the power cable, the noise remains the same but the station completely disappears.

KvR said:
This one causes no interference on FM and only minor on DAB (digital radio).

Can anyone find this product on eBay?

The eBay seller will not send me a proper power supply and the SD card she promised has not arrived either.

If I want to stop the FM interference, I'll have to fix it myself. But it needs to come from eBay, not ali express.

That charger on Ali looks almost exactly the same as the "new' charger being shipped with the 207. Only difference I can see is it has a green LED, and having the option of getting the MINI 5P connector. I'm betting it's the same charger by the same manufacturer.

This one causes no interference on FM and only minor on DAB (digital radio).

Thanks! I signed up just to say this one helped with the interference I had with my DVR-027.

Is this charger on Ebay at all? Or is this the only available through Ali? If it's available from a seller in the US, I'd prefer not to wait 2 weeks for it to ship from China.

Back