English firmware for 70mai M500??

sadat721

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Hello everyone,
Any idea how to change the Chinese language of 70mai m500??

According to the instructions above, you can replace the voiceover with English via FTP. After resetting and updating the firmware, the Chinese language will be back.

hi friend, i have m500 chinese version. i want to change the voiceover to english.
Already follow your instruction here, but i am stuck at "kill 214" command. it say "sh: can't kill pid 214: No such process"
i am using windows command prompt.
i also just ignore that and using ftp client to connect to the address, it is connected but, after that it show nothing in the folder, no folder no file.

try kill 418 or use "ps" and look for inetd and the number is the number they do have to kill

try kill 418 or use "ps" and look for inetd and the number is the number they do have to kill
yes, turn out my m500 inetd was 481. finally successfully change the voice over to english.
and i make my own voice using ai voice generator. sound so much better then oem english one.

Hello guys!
Any updates on flashing M500 cam to international/english version? :unsure:
Replacing the voiceover is kinda halfway solution...
Would be nice to be able to use local app version and use voice commands in English ;)

tho, @papagena139, could you describe more precisely how you generated own voice by AI?

I'd also be interested in getting the EU firmware on a Chinese device! I found another thread which tells me to connect the cam to a PC and put the firmware on it, but the cam does not appear as a USB drive. I tried FTP-ing the firmware both into the mounted folder and the root folder of the cam, but nothing happens.

You mean which one? You can try to follow the directions provided here

to apply the firmware I found here
Yes, you can do it. There are two firmware versions on the link, for the international version and the Chinese one. You need to install the latest firmware (1.2.19 ww). If the device behaves strangely, will not be able to connect to the "70mai" application from the market, then install the Chinese firmware back and require a replacement from your seller.

...but it did not work for me, as in I have no idea how to trigger the update process. The dashcam does not appear as a USB drive no matter what cable I use.

C
You mean which one? You can try to follow the directions provided here

to apply the firmware I found here

...but it did not work for me, as in I have no idea how to trigger the update process. The dashcam does not appear as a USB drive no matter what cable I use.
Did you used another and especially shorter USB cable?

Nope, I was using my phone's original data cable. I tried other cables as well. The cables should be fine, as my PC recognized my phone via any of the cables I tried.

After updating the camera to English firmware version, the official app from the Google Play store sees the new device, but cannot connect to it.
:/

Sikerült az angol firmware verziót is telepíteni, de az sem csatlakozik az alkalmazásban. iPhone-om van és wifin és bluetooth-on csatlakozik, de az alkalmazásban nem csatlakozik. Azt írja ki, hogy a Toolbox nem észlelhető. Kérjük, adja hozzá az eszközt az aktuális alkalmazási környezethez.

How could you install the firmware?

I guess your device is too new for that firmware version I found in that other thread... Maybe someone else here who has newer firmware?

Maybe you have right.
If you have a newest OTA version I will try to install

Guys, it's not going to work to convert the Chinese version into an international one. Please accept this fact. The only thing that can be done is to replace the voiceover with your language instead of Chinese. How to do this is written in the second message of this topic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H 70mai Other 0
D 70mai Other 6
A 70mai Other 1
Back