Extended parking time

IBMJunkman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am retired and don’t do that much driving. How do I easily disable the 900 to minimize battery drain? Even with the Power Magic. The car can stay in the garage for days.

I am retired and don’t do that much driving. How do I easily disable the 900 to minimize battery drain? Even with the Power Magic. The car can stay in the garage for days.

I don't have Power Magic or run my 900S in parking mode, but it sounds like you just want the normal behavior where your dashcam is only on with the engine. https://www.thedashcamstore.com/blackvue-power-magic-ez-obd2-adapter/ says there is an override switch that seems to revert to this default behavior:

BlackVue's Power Magic EZ even includes an override switch, which disables parking mode when the engine is turned off. Regardless of the position of the override switch, your dashcam will still turn on anytime the engine is running. You may want to disable parking mode if you plan on parking the car in your garage at home while you're away on travel, for example, so this feature of the Power Magic EZ can be very useful!

I want parking mode when I am out and about but when I park in my garage I want the system fully off.

Don't you simply turn the Power Magic Pro off????
The Power Magic Pro includes convenient on/off switch that allows you to easily override the timer/voltage settings and power down the dashcam when you don't need to use Parking Mode (such as at home in your garage).

I think most dashcams with parking mode, if you park in a place where you dont need parking mode, you just press and hold the power button.
At least thats how it is on the Street guardian DR camera of mine, and as i recall other of their products.
Seem silly if you dont have a option to turn the system fully off, that in my eyes are a design flaw.

So that box has to be mounted in a, most likely, visible place?
At least in a place where you can reach it.. and being able to see the green light.. which indicates if the camera is on or off.. helps as well.

Back