Extension cable (25cm)

Jor-el

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
I have one of these cables (Mini USB B 5 Pin Male Plug To Female Jack Extension Data Adapter, 25cm)

Is it okay if I extend the provided power cable a bit using this extender? Reason being it would make reaching for the camera easier for me to unplug the USB cable while sitting in the drivers seat in order to plug the camera to my laptop.

Well, if it's cheap thin gauge wire, you could run into an issue.
Are you trying to make the short Viofo data cable longer or the long Viofo power cable?

Both... I mean I'm planning to keep this plugged into the camera and when I want to transfer the files to the laptop I'll plug it into the short cable, after the transfer I'll plug it again to the long cable

It's pretty short, so it may be fine. You'll just have to try it and see.

It's pretty short, so it may be fine. You'll just have to try it and see.

Thank you, even if it didn't work there is no possibility of this cable causing permanent damage to the camera, right?

Last edited:
Thank you, even if it didn't work there is no possibility of this cable causing permanent damage to the camera, right?
Correct, you might get a bit of high pitch whistling on the audio, I doubt there will be any other issue.

I wouldn't recommend it for an A129 but an A119 should be fine.

Correct, you might get a bit of high pitch whistling on the audio, I doubt there will be any other issue.

I wouldn't recommend it for an A129 but an A119 should be fine.

Thank you for the reply @Nigel

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A119 7
F A119 8
G A119 1
E A119 22
T A119 1
Back