F50 CPL Filter Work Around / Solution

WA3PNT,

Nice job!!!

How do you like the F50 so far? I have been considering it as I can buy it local vs the Mobius. Before I buy, I am still trying to find the best way to mount it in my Silverado due to the garbage center dots on the factory windshield.

TY!

The F50 meets all my primary requirements.
In another thread it was pointed out that there are other Dashcams that have "better" video. However most of them are considerably more expensive. I have 2 F50s and an A119. I really find little difference in the videos between the two.

My primary concern was the method used to implement the Parking Mode. The A119 does this via Motion Detection and G-Sensor. However, the video does not start until the event happens, which means that you could loose the video which actually shows the event, and the video leading up tot he event. The Parking Mode in the F50 is far superior in that it captures video leading up to the event, and then some video after the event. It does work as advertised, however it also requires a Hardwire Kit which is very easy to install.

Bottom line for me is, what good is better video if what you want to see is not captured?

I use a Lexar 633x 64GB SD Card in my F50s, and have not missed a beat. I have a 128GB inbound, and will determine if the F50 can support that size SD Card.

I highly recommend the F50, for an affordable Dashcam with great features.

RodeoGeorge

I forgot to mention that I just installed a F50 in my 2002 Ford Explorer which has the dotted area at the top of the windshield. I placed the mount IN the dotted area with the Cam & Lens peeking out below. That scenario worked good for me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
edr-auto.fr F50 7
Back