F70....What speed Micro SD Card...What size ?

Sir Duke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought what I think is an F70....In the box came a class 4. 4 gb card..I tested the cam with that card initially and all seemed fair...but not perfect..
Then wanting to store more files before over writing, I put in a class 10 32 gb.....
The cam began playing up even more. Some files would write and play, while others would seemingly write but not play on my pc.
Believing this to be either pc software or camera hardware fault (Not card) I began getting increasingly frustrated.

This evening I formatted the original 4gb class 4 card and so far after an hours drive all is good. It plays a treat........I say with baited breath.... :lol:

Is it possible I went over the top so to speak with too good a card speed wise of class 10, or could it be that 32 gb was too much to cope with ?

Before i can say alls well with 4gb class 4, I want to do some more videoing tomorrow..
If its good, then I would like to increase the capacity..

:?: Any thoughts anyone please. :?:

Some cameras have issues with Class 10 cards. If Class 4 works for you, get a 32 Gig Class 4.
Your camera is 720p; a Class 4 should be fast enough.
I am currently using a Kingston Class 4 card in a 1080p camera with no problems.

Jack007 said:
SanDisk is known to be good, I am using it in my Cam.
Frend is using it in Samsung phone.

SanDisk Ultra Android 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 Bi-coloured Card with Adapter
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007 ... ag=wenn-21

Most of the time they are ok, but that is exactly the card that has caused me issues in a Samsung phone (GS3), and several dash cams.

I had issues with dropped files/corrupt files using a class 10 - tried a few, all came out the same.
Read on here somewhere, an article saying how class 10s often don't fare as well as lower classes with multiple file writes.
Took out the class 10, use it in my DR32. Now using a 32GB class 6 & not a problem since.
Remember, the camera could be writing 4 files at the same time, main files from camA & B as well as lock files from both cams.
I turned off the G-sensor, formatted the card in the camera & all's been well ever since.

sludgeguts said:
I turned off the G-sensor, .

G Sensor and Motion Detect (if yours has this setting) are two known issues with this model, turn them off for more reliable results

Back