F770 (Not recording in Park mode) Maybe an internal problem?

Damcam101

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I successfully hardwired installed my Thinkware 770 to my car where it will go into "continuous recording" when I start my engine. Also it will go into parked recording when the ignition key is out.

My question/problem is that for a moment, my thinkware glitched and would not work for a week or so. However, it started working on it's own one day, but now only turns to "continuous recording" when I unlock my car. It will not go into parked recording when the vehicle is off.

Any leads or thoughts would be helpful! Thank you so so much in advance!

99.9% sure that's a power issue to the camera. Sounds like Ignition supply problem (Red Wire) isn't on a good circuit. Maybe only coming live from your central locking or something...

In our 3+ years of selling Thinkware i've never come across a fault with the actual camera that stops parking mode working!

Could the plug at the camera cause this if it was not seated all the way? Just guessing with one of the connections on the plug lining up with the wrong contact inside the camera. I haven't tested to see what part of the barrel is powered by what line so I am just throwing it out for elimination.

Attached is what part of the plug is what (y)

Attachments

• Thinkware Power.JPG
    Thinkware Power.JPG
    467 KB · Views: 7
Back