F900 overcharging battery

niKoGran

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello,

I got F900 dashcam (I think, probably fake)
its recording 720p (and 1080p but its 720p)
I got problem with it maybe anyone got any ideas,
The dashcam overcharging the battery, when that happens
the dashcam get error sometimes such as "memory error"...

Anyone know how can I fix this?
if its possible to fix the charging circuit?

Thanks

Did you reformat your card using the format menu in the settings?

The recording is fine, the problem is with the charging...
I get this error when I turn off the car -> No power to the camera -> power with battery...
My battery gets "fat" , I guess because of overcharging...
I need some how to prevent it from overcharging...
I don't care about how much the battery will charge, I only need it to be enough to
turn off the camera safely and to remember date.
(forgot to mention, the date resets after a while...)

I am not using the fat battery, I am replacing them, just need to fix it first...
I also found that when the battery is full, when I unplug the charger, the camera says
low battery (I tested the battery and its 3.7-4 V) and the camera turns off...

I assume bloated battery may happen not only because of overcharging but rather from high ambient temperature. For instance if you left the device in a car parked under direct sunlight in your country this would probably occur and you would have to replace the battery with a new one.

A lithium battery will puff (bloat) if it's discharged below ~3.4v per cell. It also happens if the battery has aged through continuous charge/discharge cycles.

At the moment the camera works, when the power off it turns off (or says low battery and turns off, depends what will come sooner :) )
I will wait and see what happens next...

Alright, so I can't realy tell how many days it did last, but the camera did reset again...
I can see that it did record for 3-4 days..
Can be the reason for that is the heat? The temperature in my country is pretty high...

Drawing from my RC experience i seem to remember that temperatures over 60 deg C is a no-no for LIPO batteries.

What about the camera it self?
Can it operate at such temperatures?
and what if I will surround the battery with some heat resistant material :D?
Its not the original battery, its much smaller and there is place for some heat resistant.
The question is, will the battery heat that much from it self, and is the problem with the camera or actualy the battery?

The manufacturer usually mentions the operating temperature in the manual; formally if that limit is exceeded by the end-user then anything may happen with the device.
However most of dashcams without the batteries can survive up to 70°C while the battery lifetime at that temperature will probably be reduced.
Covering the battery with heat resistant material is useless; after a while it will pass enough heat to the battery. And the battery itself also produces heat.
If your dashcam is quick-detachable then it may be sufficient just not to forget the device on the windscreen when you leave the car at the parking place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Dash Cam Discussion 0
O Dash Cam Discussion 3
Back