Feature Suggestions for the B1W?

DidYouSeeThat?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
B1W (x2)
Does anyone know the best way to contact Blueskysea to request small changes/features for the B1W? (Maybe @estore009 knows?) :unsure:

Reducing the size of the HUGE date/time overlay text would be a simple and beneficial change. (It obscures quite a bit of the image where it is, and the huge text also makes the B1W footage look dated and low-resolution compared to other cameras.)

For example, the B1W (top) versus the GitUp Git2 Pro (bottom).Dashcam Sample - B1W.jpg

Dashcam Sample - GitUp Git2 Pro.jpg

As we can see, the small text is equally useful, but much less obtrusive. BlackVue, Garmin, and many others have small text at the bottom.

Another feature request would be the ability to delete specific locked recordings from the mobile application. As of now, it appears as though you have to format the card to do this, or put the card into a computer. If I'm on a long trip, and have a few protected recordings I want to keep, but a few which I've already transferred to my phone (or just don't need anymore), there isn't any way to delete individual recordings... :confused:

Thanks.

Reactions: ASC
deleting files ad-hoc is not good, an option to unlock them might be better, the text overlay is just about looks, it's not in the way of anything on your dashboard there, it will depend on what options they have in the SDK whether they can change this or not, the GitUP uses a different chipset and that's an available font in their SDK

We had made something changes in its newest app 1.7.9, maybe you can double check it for us!

the text overlay is just about looks, it's not in the way of anything on your dashboard there

I should have mentioned, the photos I included are sample images from other people, not my own cameras.

The large text most definitely does block the outside view with how I will have my B1Ws configured. Anyone with a hatchback using a B1W as a rear camera will see this, as would anyone with a vehicle with less slope to the windshield and/or a shorter hood (vans, trucks, etc.).

Is it a critical problem? Nope.
But is it a simple firmware change that would improve the B1W, and make it look more modern as well? Yes. :)

The big text means that you can read it on the app on a small phone screen.
I've never found it a problem.

Just got my B1W - installation was pretty easy. But there's one feature I'd love in future releases: the ability to take photos through the hardware button - perhaps a double click? Or a series of 3-5 photos along with the video that's recorded with a single click.

Thanks for your suggestions!

estore009,
Thanks you very much for the wonderful after sale service that you're providing for this dash cam. I recently received the auto parking mode beta firmware and it works flawlessly in my car.
I would like to know if the recording can be triggered by motion detection when the camera is in parking mode so that the details can be captured even before impact , and also to capture pics/videos of a person who is gonna break in to my car.

Thanks,
Dinesh

estore009,
Thanks you very much for the wonderful after sale service that you're providing for this dash cam. I recently received the auto parking mode beta firmware and it works flawlessly in my car.
I would like to know if the recording can be triggered by motion detection when the camera is in parking mode so that the details can be captured even before impact , and also to capture pics/videos of a person who is gonna break in to my car.

Thanks,
Dinesh

YES! Motion detection trigger during parking mode would be really cool!!!!! That might make it use more battery, but I'm fine with that.

Big text does not bother me too, if you do not look at it on a screen of 100", but for artistic shooting I can use for example a Sony FDR-X3000R camera.
It would be nice to use the time-lapse mode and buffering for at least 10 seconds, but the processor does not allow ...

Back