Fender bender

Yeah, lot's of accidents here. This was on the way home for lunch, going back to work I passed another accident. Same as you I was also wondering how the cars ended up like that. It's also custom here to not move your vehicle after a crash, you call your insurance and they send a little van over where you file all the paperwork on the spot, only than you can move your car. If you do move your car, you'll most likely take the blame. That's why I immediately got a dashcam when I moved here

Silly rule ( not moving cars ) here the prime thing is to get traffic going again, so you cant just leave a car like that in the middle of the road.
It seem like remote Netherlands, like remote Denmark ( Greenland ) are not keeping up.

I have worked on Greenland with the locals, and it is something else for sure.

I do love living here, wouldn't want to go back to Holland. Just have to be careful on the road. If I have friends coming over I always tell them don't break for an orange traffic light, people expect you to speed up instead. Also, the use of blinkers is mostly optional and if someone is indicating a turn, it doesn't mean they will :)

Back