Few questions/concerns & recommend a camera?

Owenator

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

This will be quite lengthy, so I apologize in advance.

tl;dr of what I'm hoping for in a camera

1.) Capability to upload the video to the cloud - or some sort of backup in-case someone tries to destroy the video
2.) Suggestions on a 2 camera setup & what mounts you might recommend - especially for the back camera.
3.) Ease of removing SD card from dashcam?
4.) Parking mode - please suggest 1 or 2 models w/ parking mode, & 1 or 2 w/o parking mode (but with all the other features I listed)
5.) Note: Night mode is not necessary as I do mostly day driving

More details:

1.) Are there any methods for quickly backing up a video to the cloud? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "wifi" feature only seems to stream it to a phone or another device. My concern here is probably not justified, but I worry that someone may try to forcibly delete the video. Again, highly unlikely, but I wonder if there's any sort of redundancy options besides just having spare memory cards on hand to swap out.

- If it matters, I have an iPhone via Verizon, but I don't have tethering enabled as I have to get Verizon to do it, probably costs extra, and am only limited to 2GB of data a month - so using my phone to upload a dash video wirelessly is not an option.

2.) I'm hoping to get a two camera setup. One for the front, one for the back.
a.) For the front, it's ONLY a concern if the dashcam is expected to attach to the rear-view mirror. My mirror has fallen off a few times now, so I hope it's an option to just attach the cam to the dash itself, or directly to the mirror. According to wiki, it shouldn't be an issue to attach it to the windshield... If I'm wrong, correct me please. If not, don't bother responding to this point.

b.) For the back, should I have anything special? I haven't really seen specifics about if there's special mounts that tend to work better at the back of the car, for example.

c.) Is there anything I can reliably cover these things with quick before getting out of the car to minimize theft? (I'm not really interested in the low profile models btw.)

3.) Is it usually pretty quick to remove SD cards from dashcams? Like, literally pop out like you would from a computer? (This is stemming from concern #1).

1.) Are there any methods for quickly backing up a video to the cloud?

most cameras that are giving decent quality will run out at around 100mb per 1 minute of video, nothing is going to upload the type of file sizes you're looking at quickly, not based on any current technology at least

Back