Few questions

dwnhller

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just bought a Blackvue DR650GW-2CH and a Cellink B Battery. So far so good, just wanted to know:

When the SD card is full and I want to get more space again, can I copy all the files I want to keep from the "record" folder to my PC then simply delete everything in the folder or does it have to be done in the Blackvue viewer because the viewer only lets you export or delete one file at a time.

Whenever you format the SD card, do you have to reapply the same settings each time, for example the location/sensitivity?

Regarding the Cellink, for anyone that owns one. Basically I have it connected to the 12v cigar jack and set to 5A on the side of the battery. Can I leave it on this setting for good or should it be turned to off when not being used? I disconnect my dash cam from the battery overnight when the car is parked in the garage.

When is the new firmware due that will support the 8mpbs front and 3 mpbs rear quality again like the original firmware did?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Just bought a Blackvue DR650GW-2CH and a Cellink B Battery. So far so good, just wanted to know:

When the SD card is full and I want to get more space again, can I copy all the files I want to keep from the "record" folder to my PC then simply delete everything in the folder or does it have to be done in the Blackvue viewer because the viewer only lets you export or delete one file at a time.

You can save all the files to your PC.. but it has to be done manually by removing the SD card and placing it in your PC (effectively like a thumb drive) When your card is full it keeps recording and writes over the oldest files. (loops continuously)

Whenever you format the SD card, do you have to reapply the same settings each time, for example the location/sensitivity?

If.. you format internally using the Blackvue camera it keeps all the settings. I "believe" that if you insert a formatted card with nothing on it the camera will write the latest copy it has internally to the card. If you format on a PC and copy the Blackvue folder structure you just downloaded from the support section (as in a upgrade firmware) you will have the default settings.

When is the new firmware due that will support the 8mpbs front and 3 mpbs rear quality again like the original firmware did?

They keep moving the date..

Any feedback would be appreciated.

They keep moving the date..

I got a reply from BlackVue last Wednesday (asking if they will support multiple hotspots in the next firmware, which they do (up-to three)) and they said to expect the firmware withing the next two weeks...

I assume that will also include the bitrate improvement, and I know that was already promised for the end of May or beginning of June...

I'm new to the DR650GW-2CH, too, and am still figuring it out. One thing I have done is copy the config.ini file off the SD card. It's where all the settings are stored, and it's handy to have a backup copy of config.ini so that I can a) restore the settings in the event they are reset to default, and b) easily copy the settings to a new card.

Back