Field of View of lenses A , C2 , D

• Thread starter Deleted member 37895
  • Start date
Here are my comparison PHOTOS for the 3 lenses. I'm going to use these to calculate the geometry (to make Dashmellow happy). But keep in mind the video is a slightly narrower angle!

unless they have some sort of firmware issue that is cropping things there looks to be a lot more than 5 degrees of difference between the C2 and the D lenses in the actual results achieved in this example

Wait! I thought you said "I didn't do any calculations. I measure.", so now your calculating? The more we get into this, the more silly and pointless the whole exercise becomes......but keep in mind!

Maybe I wasn't clear. I went to the school and took pictures. I'm going to calculate the angles using GIS software. That is not what I did before. I measured directly with a protractor. Get it?

Maybe I wasn't clear. I went to the school and took pictures. I'm going to calculate the angles using GIS software. That is not what I did before. I measured directly with a protractor. Get it?

Again....."The more we get into this, the more silly and pointless this whole exercise becomes".

Good news... I was able to just measure using this open source GIS program QGIS.

So far I've got the A lens... 85 degrees

Attachments

• a map.jpg
    a map.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 10
C2 I got 135 degrees

Attachments

• c2 map.jpg
    c2 map.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 9
I think the D lens should be included with the Mobius as the standard lens. It has a relatively wide angle of view and also has virtually no distortion. Color is also much better than A lens even though all my cameras are set to automatic white balance

I guess there really is no standard lens though as you can order the camera with whichever lens you like, I do agree that it's a better result than the others, for dashcam use the A is perhaps a bit too narrow and I think the C2 is too wide, the D strikes a good balance

But it kinda sucks post sundown.

limitation of the sensor, no denying it is good within its limitations though, M2 was a disaster but hopefully the new Maxi gets things back on track for them, looks ok so far anyway

limitation of the sensor, no denying it is good within its limitations though, M2 was a disaster but hopefully the new Maxi gets things back on track for them, looks ok so far anyway

I meant relative to the C2, quite a difference in the night-time quality.

Colours are all over the place and I could go on and on about the looks but yes, (at launch) overall the Maxi does look much better.

Colours are all over the place and I could go on about the looks but yes, (at launch) overall the Maxi does look much better.

not a fan of how the green stuff looks on the Maxi, the M2 had that look too though, should be something that can be sorted in firmware I would think

I guess there really is no standard lens though as you can order the camera with whichever lens you like, I do agree that it's a better result than the others, for dashcam use the A is perhaps a bit too narrow and I think the C2 is too wide, the D strikes a good balance

I doubt the C2 lens was ever introduced with dash cams in mind but after experimenting with numerous other options I've found the C2 lens to offer the perfect side camera FOV.

I doubt the C2 lens was ever introduced with dash cams in mind but after experimenting with numerous other options I've found the C2 lens to offer the perfect side camera FOV.

agree, for the side the wider lens is perhaps a better choice, an A lens would be a poor choice for side use, having a choice is a good thing

Well unless you specifically search for C2, or D, you will find the A lens and that's what you end up buying. I didn't even know the D lens existed until like a week ago

Well unless you specifically search for C2, or D, you will find the A lens and that's what you end up buying. I didn't even know the D lens existed until like a week ago

maybe it's a search history thing but anytime I look up the Mobius the C2 is what comes up first, the D is the most recent addition though I think

I think most Mobius owners who regularly frequent these pages would generally be aware of the various lens options available considering how often they've been discussed.

I think most Mobius owners who regularly frequent these pages would generally be aware of the various lens options available considering how often they've been discussed.

Yes but the typical person looking for a dashcam or action camera or FPV camera isn't going to know about options that aren't advertised

maybe it's a search history thing but anytime I look up the Mobius the C2 is what comes up first, the D is the most recent addition though I think
The D and A2 lenses were the most recent additions.

Yes but the typical person looking for a dashcam or action camera or FPV camera isn't going to know about options that aren't advertised

they don't really have advertising as such, it's all just online chatter, forums etc so I guess they're at the mercy of what gets talked about is what gets known about

The D and A2 lenses were the most recent additions.

I remember talk about the A2 lens but wasn't sure if it ever eventuated, the M1 is getting on a bit so there's not as much activity as there once was

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mobius 9
Skynet Mobius 7
T Mobius 2
S Mobius 1
N Mobius 1
Back